Chasing West Indies’ 179 in Lauderhill Saturday, opening partners Yashavi Jaiswal and Shubman Gill looked it ease as they equalled India’s record-highest T20I partnership for the first wicket of 165, earlier staged by Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul.
This begged the question - is this the start of something new and special?
“What they (Rohit and Rahul) have done is amazing. They are legends of the game. I just think that we just need to go and try doing what we can do. We have a long way to go,” Jaiswal told the media on Saturday.
- New Zealand vs South Africa live score, World Cup 2023: Toss at 1:30 PM; Probable playing XI; Live streaming info
- World Cup 2023: BCCI prohibits use of fireworks in Delhi, Mumbai matches due to deteriorating air quality
- NBA 2023-24: Keldon Johnson’s late basket gives Spurs 115-114 win over Suns
- UFC to hold first event in China since pandemic
- NBA fines 76ers’ Joel Embiid $35,000 for obscene gesture