The Miami Heat handed the Denver Nuggets their first home defeat of the playoffs Sunday, surging in the fourth quarter for a 111-108 victory that leveled the NBA Finals at one game apiece.
Gabe Vincent scored 23 points and Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo scored 21 points apiece for Miami, who withstood a 41-point performance from Nuggets star Nikola Jokic to get the split in Denver and breathe new life into the championship campaign.
In a game of swinging shifts of momentum, the Heat had the last word, rallying from a 15-point first-half deficit and out-scoring the Nuggets 36-25 in the final period as they silenced the crowd of 19,537 at Ball Arena.
Adebayo sealed it with a pair of free-throws with 48.3 seconds remaining.
Correction: Nikola Jokic has managed 40+ points three times this post season. The Nuggets have lost all three games. The video cites a total of four, which is an error.
- Neeraj Chopra Diamond League finals LIVE updates: Javelin Throw final starts now; streaming info
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores again as Al Nassr beats Al Raed 3-1 in Saudi Pro League
- Video - Davis Cup Day 1: Nagal saves India blushes; Mukund retires from opening singles match
- Al Raed vs Al Nassr Highlights: ALR 1-3 NAS, Cristiano Ronaldo scores twice after Mane, Talisca in Saudi Pro League
- Neeraj Chopra, Diamond League Finals: Preview, 2023 results, start list, when and where to watch?