Kohli, who has 3015 runs at RCB’s home ground, scored a 37-ball 54 in a losing cause against Kolkata Knight Riders.
He overtook Bangladesh cricketer Mushfiqur Rahim’s record of 2989 runs at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka.
Additionally, Kohli holds the record for most runs as a captain in IPL, topping the chart with 4994 runs. He is followed by Chennai Super Kings skipper M.S Dhoni (4617 runs) and Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma (3835).
Kohli returned as RCB captain, in IPL 2023, for the first time after two seasons in the match against Punjab Kings as he replaced the regular skipper Faf du Plessis, who was sidelined due to a rib injury. Kohli has represented RCB since the first season of the IPL and became the regular captain at Royal Challengers in 2013.
- Derby Day: Real Madrid visits Atletico, PSG hosts Marseille, Arsenal up against Spurs
- IND 7-0 UZB LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Mandeep, Lalit’s brace help India lead 6-0 vs Uzbekistan
- India vs Thailand Table Tennis Live Score Asian Games 2023: IND 1-1 SGP; Sutirtha tied 2-2, men’s team faces Kazakhstan - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023: India wins silver in rowing men’s eight event
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur LIVE streaming info: When, where to watch Premier League match; Predicted XI