Asian champion Divya Kakran’s return to mat after 11 months was over in six minutes as the 22-year old failed to reproduce the form she had hoped for, crashing out in the qualification round itself of the 68kg on Day Two of the 23rd Women’s Wrestling National Championships in Agra on Sunday.
Kakran, who last competed at the Asian Championship in February last winning gold, was knocked out by eventual silver medalist Rajani even as veteran Anita Sheoran, at 36, proved she still had the moves, claiming gold.
Also winning gold was Nandini Salokhe in the 53kg weight category, which Vinesh Phogat wrestles in. Vinesh, who has already qualified for Tokyo Olympics, is currently training in Hungary. Nandini overpowered Mamta Rani 8-0 in the final.
In the heavier categories, Nisha retained the 65kg, defeating Monika on technical superiority 12-0 while Kiran remained the 76kg champion.
- Coco Gauff vs Aryna Sabalenka Live, US Open 2023 Women’s Final: Gauff beats Sabalenka to win maiden Grand Slam title
- US Open 2023, Day 13 Order of Play: Gauff faces Sabalenka in women’s final, Pegula-Krajicek eye mixed doubles crown
- US Open 2023: Coco Gauff vs Aryna Sabalenka, Final Preview, Head-to-head record, live streaming info
- SA vs AUS HIGHLIGHTS, 2nd ODI: Australia beats South Africa by 123 runs, takes 2-0 lead
- Asia Cup 2023: Sadeera, Shanaka power Sri Lanka to win over Bangladesh