Annu Rani was named Sportswoman of the Year in Track & Field at the Sportstar Aces Awards in Mumbai on Monday
Rani became the first Indian woman to win a medal in javelin throw at the Commonwealth Games, clinching bronze in Birmingham. She had also made history earlier in the year when she reached the final of the Athletics World Championships for the second time in her career before finishing seventh in Oregon, USA.
Rani also improved her own National record with a throw of 63.82m at the Indian Open Javelin Throw competition in Jamshedpur.
Legendary India cricketer Sunil Gavaskar, former India hockey captain M. M. Somaya, chess great Viswanathan Anand, former India football skipper Bhaichung Bhutia, Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra, Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra and Olympians Anjali Bhagwat and Aparna Popat are the members of the Sportstar Aces 2023 jury.
The event is supported by IDFC First Bank, Indian Oil, India Cements, United India, Ramaiah University, Experimenta Science Center GD Naidu Charity, Finolex Pipes, LIC, BPCL, Samsonite, Big Basket, Nippon Paint, CRICHQ, Wordswork, NewsX and Casagrand.
- IND vs AFG: Full list of records broken by Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and India against Afghanistan in World Cup 2023
- Kohli moves up in ICC rankings after 85 against Australia in India’s World Cup opener
- China loses place in the equestrian competition at Paris Olympics 2024
- IND vs AFG, ICC World Cup: We are done with that thing, says Naveen on altercation with Kohli during IPL
- Saina Nehwal looks to get back to her best with an aim for Paris 2024 Olympics