Rahi Sarnobat won gold in the women's 25m pistol category at the Asian Games, adding to India's medal tally at the Games. It was India's second gold medal in shooting and 12th overall medal.
She defeated Thailand's Naphaswan Yangpaiboon in a shoot-out for the gold medal.
After the first two rounds of shoot-offs ended in a tie, Rahi Sarnobat managed to hold her nerve and get three right in the third shoot-off. Her Thai opponent missed three shots to settle for the silver medal.
Rahi becomes the first Indian woman to win a gold medal in shooting at the 2018 Asian Games, improving upon her bronze medal-winning feat at the 2014 edition. Her score of 34 was a Games record.
Manu Bhaker, who topped the qualification with an Asian Games record, fared poorly in the final and finished sixth.
- IND-W vs ENG-W, 3rd T20I: Mandhana, bowlers guide India to five-wicket win over England
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Dinesh Karthik-led Tamil Nadu faces heavyweight Mumbai in quarterfinal
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After domestic career rejuvenation at Kerala, Shreyas Gopal hopes for IPL resurgence
- PKL 2023, Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Gujarat Giants, Bengaluru Bulls vs UP Yoddhas: When, where to watch, H2H records
- Pro Tennis League: Defending champion Gurgaon Sapphires retains its crown, beats Ichiban Samurai