India’s achieved its biggest-ever gold medal haul at a single edition of the Asian Games on Wednesday when Neeraj Chopra threw 88.88m to win men’s javelin throw gold in Hangzhou, China.
India had won 16 gold medals at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta and Palembang. Jyothi Surekha Vennam and Ojas Pravin Deotale clinched gold in the compound mixed team archery event to help India match the mark before the javelin medal took the nation past it.
India won its 18th medal when the quartet comprising of Amoj Jacob, Muhammed Anas Yahiya, Rajesh Ramesh and Muhammad Ajmal Variyathodi won gold medal in the men’s 4x400m relay.
At the time of writing, here is the list of gold medallist for India are as follows:
|Compound Mixed Team
|Men's 3000m Steeplechase - Avinash Sable
|Men's 4 x 400m Relay
|Men's Javelin Throw- Neeraj Chopra
|Men's Shot Put- Tajinderpal Singh Toor
|Women's 5000m- Parul Chaudhary
|Women's Javelin Throw- Annu Rani
|10m Air Pistol Team Men
|10m Air Rifle Team Men
|50m Rifle 3 Positions Team Men
|Trap Team Men
|10m Air Pistol Women
|25m Pistol Team Women
|50m Rifle 3 Positions Women
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: First Asian Cup woman referee Yamashita to officiate Australia vs India
- Australia vs India, AFC Asian Cup 2023: Yoshimi Yamashita becomes first woman to officiate men’s Asian Cup match
- Australian Open 2024, Day 1 Order of Play: Djokovic, Sabalenka in action on opening day
- Stimac rues India’s sloppy errors in AFC Asian Cup opener defeat to Australia
- FIH Women’s Olympic Qualifier: Didn’t play to our strength against USA, says India coach Schopman after 0-1 loss