The Indian quartet won gold medal in the men’s 4x400m relay at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou on Wednesday.
The team comprising of Amoj Jacob, Muhammed Anas Yahiya, Rajesh Ramesh and Muhammad Ajmal Variyathodi finished with a time of 3:01.58.
India qualified for the finals by clocking the fastest time of 3:03.81 minutes in the heat 1 ahead of Qatar, Japan and Iraq.
AS IT HAPPENED | ASIAN-GAMES-2023 OCTOBER 4 HIGHLIGHTS
India also holds the Area Record in the event achieved by the same quartet at the recently concluded Athletics World Champions in Belgium.
The team clocked 2:59.05 minutes to qualify for the finals behind the eventual champion USA in that event.
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director
- Murray fights back to reach Dubai second round
- ISL 2023-24: East Bengal edges past Chennaiyin FC to push for playoffs, thanks to Nandha’s crucial goal
- FIH Pro League 2023-24, home leg review: Beginning and end of different journeys for Indian hockey
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: India claws back in Ranchi to complete a famous win