- October 01, 2023 15:03That’s all for today!
Click here to follow Sportstar’s comprehensive Asian Games coverage!
- October 01, 2023 15:0060’ IND 1-1 KOR
Hooter is blown and it’s a draw between the two teams. But India have the upper-hand on the POOL A table with India having a much higher goal difference.
- October 01, 2023 14:5857’ PC FOR INDIA!!!
Salima Tete gets a Penalty for India. Salima injects, but the Koreans stop it and start a counter-attack. After entering the Indian D, Nisha, taps the ball outside.
- October 01, 2023 14:5555’
Kim Jeongihn tries to enter the Indian D, but fails to do so as the Indians intercept.
- October 01, 2023 14:5253’
Choi Su Ji gets a yellow card due to fierce tackling on Salima Tete, who was charging to the Korean side.
- October 01, 2023 14:5051’
Neha and Lalremsiami maintain position near the Korean D in the right flank but unable to make it through. Baek goes off the field after being injured during play.
- October 01, 2023 14:4850’
Cho Hyejin is unable to make use of the defensive space given by the Indians as it goes wide.
- October 01, 2023 14:4647’ YELLOW CARD FOR NAVNEET KAUR
Navneet Kaur back tackles and India is a player short on field for five minutes as she receives a yellow card.
- October 01, 2023 14:4145’ GREEN CARD FOR INDIA
Indians continue playing with the ball despite the whistle going off by the referee, resulting in Sonika’s green card.
- October 01, 2023 14:3844’ PC FOR INDIA AGAIN!!! AND THIS TIME IT’S A GOAL!!!
Vaishnavi to inject as the Indian drag flicker Deep Grace Ekka hits the body of Korean defender and deflects of Navneet Kaur’s stick to the goal. Korea lose their referral as ITS A GOAL!
- October 01, 2023 14:3443’ PC FOR INDIA
Deepika is tackled by the Koreans as she shows off her three dimensional skills. PC FOR INDIA. Salima to inject, but does not convert into a goal.
- October 01, 2023 14:3140’
Lalremsiami goes soft on the ball leading to Korea snatching away the ball aiming a way to enter the Indian D.
- October 01, 2023 14:2836’
The Indians try their best to keep moving in the Korean circle with Nisha, Navneet trying to score a goal and Nikki Pradhan failing to receive the pass. However, the Koreans intercept and attempt a counter-attack, which is thwarted by the Indians.
- October 01, 2023 14:2534’
Vandana Kataria finds space in Korean D, with Choi Su Ji getting a green card and two-minute suspension. Can the Indians make use of the 10-mmeber Korean field?
- October 01, 2023 14:2333’- PC FOR KOREA!!!!
Monika starts with the ball despite Indians having conceeded the foul. The Koreans seeks referral saying there was an Indian foot that hot the ball during the PC. However, the referral is rejected as there is no possible angles to check and the Koreans keep the referral.
- October 01, 2023 14:1931’
Koreans’ attack is topped by Deep Grace Ekka. India trying to make use of the right flank with Sangita releasing the ball to Salima, but are tackled by the Korean defenders.
- October 01, 2023 14:0830’
At the end of first-half, South Korea leads 1-0 despite the Indians winning two PCs against the Koreans in the second quarter.
- October 01, 2023 14:0528’ PC FOR INDIA
Salima Tete gets India its seocnd PC. Deepika on first, Neha on second battery, but Deepika didnt get a hold of the ball.
- October 01, 2023 14:0325’
Sangita Kumari had an opportunity to get into the D, with the long pass coming to her. Lee Jinmin, however, narrows the Indian’s options as she misses with a reverse tomahawk.
- October 01, 2023 13:5823’ PC FOR INDIA!!!
Lalremsiami gets India’s first PC of the match. Huge opportunity for India to rqualise. Udita on first and Navneet on the second battery. Vandana misses on the rebound and its a misses=d attempt for India.
- October 01, 2023 13:5520’
Korea’s long and aerial ball gets onto the Indian defense’ nerves.
- October 01, 2023 13:5419’
Kang Jin and Lee Yuri try to get into the Indian circle, but is stopped by the Indian defence.
- October 01, 2023 13:5217’
A loose ball play at the top of the circle by Deepika, which leads to an interception by the Koreans.
- October 01, 2023 13:4815’
Hooter goes off as India conceeds its first goal at the Asian Games 2023.
- October 01, 2023 13:4714’
GREEN CARD for Baek Eeseul. Vandana tries to score, but misses.
- October 01, 2023 13:4412’ PENALTY STROKE FOR KOREA AND IT’S A GOOOALLL!!!!
Stick block by Udita inside the circle leads to Cho Hyejin taking a Penalty Stroke and she makes it count!!!!
- October 01, 2023 13:4110’
Lalremsiami to Vaishnavi, but Lalremsiami tries to intercept the ball with a reverse sweep, but the Korean goalkeeper Kim Eunji
- October 01, 2023 13:398’
A weak overhead by Sushila Chanu, which leads to a Korean interception.
- October 01, 2023 13:377’
Indians pressing high in the right flank to force South Korean error
- October 01, 2023 13:365’
Nikki Pradhan’s cross is intercepted and Cheon Eunbi, the Korean captain makes use of the space made by the Indian defence leading to a goal attempt, but the ball goes wide off.
- October 01, 2023 13:343’
Kang Jina intercepts and tries to enter the Indian D, but fails to make it through.
- October 01, 2023 13:321’
Cho Hyejin starts in full form, Savita comes out to narrow the angle. However, Deep Grace Ekka saves the attempt by taking the ball in front of the goal.
- October 01, 2023 13:30India and Korea take field
Both the teams are in the field
- October 01, 2023 13:15India’s STARTING XI
- October 01, 2023 12:59Head-to-head
South Korea-12 | India- 5 | Draw- 2
- October 01, 2023 12:46PREVIEW-
As the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2023 progresses, the Indian women’s team are set to face a formidable challenge in their third match, this time against a spirited Korean side. With impressive victories in their first two matches, India will be looking to maintain their winning streak, while Korea are eager to continue their dominant run in the tournament.
India showcased their supremacy in their opening game with a resounding 13-0 win against Singapore, followed by a convincing 6-0 victory over Malaysia on Friday. These wins highlighted their impeccable form and their determination to claim the Gold medal in this prestigious competition.
Korea, on the other hand, have also been in stellar form, recording a 4-0 win against Singapore and a commanding 7-0 victory over Hong Kong in their previous matches. Their clinical performances underscore their status as a serious contender for the championship.
When it comes to head-to-head encounters, Korea hold the advantage with 12 wins in the 19 matches played between the two sides. India have secured five wins, and two matches have ended in draws. This history adds an intriguing dimension to the upcoming clash, with India eager to improve their record against their Korean counterparts.
Indian Women’s Hockey Team Captain Savita shared her thoughts on the upcoming challenge and said, “Facing Korea is always a tough battle, and history shows that they have had the upper hand. However, we are a different team now, full of confidence and determination. We’re ready to give it our all on the field and make our country proud. Our goal is to play our best hockey and secure a victory.”
Indian Women’s Hockey Team Vice Captain Deep Grace Ekka added, “The team has been working tirelessly to prepare for this match. We respect Korea’s abilities, but we also have faith in our own. Our victories in the earlier games have boosted our morale, and we’re ready to face this challenge head-on. It’s going to be an exciting match, and we aim to put up a strong fight.”
Notably, India is currently on top of the Group A tally with six points from two games and a better goal difference than second-placed Korea, who also has accumulated six points from two matches.
- October 01, 2023 12:39When and where will India take on South Korea in the women’s hockey group stage match?
India will take on South Korea in the women’s hockey group stage match on October 1 at 1:30PM IST. Sony Sports Network will broadcast the match, while SonyLIV will be live streaming the event.
- Al Duhail vs Al Nassr Highlights: Talisca hat-trick secures 3-2 win without Cristiano Ronaldo in AFC Champions League
- No Cristiano Ronaldo, no problem: Talisca hat-trick secure wins for Al Nassr in AFC Champions League
- Barcelona stunned by Shakhtar in Champions League as Sikan nets winner
- Fullkrug, Brandt steer Dortmund to back-to-back wins over Newcastle in Champions League
- Maxwell innings probably the greatest-ever in ODIs, says Pat Cummins after win against Afghanistan