Hima Das clocked a season-best 52.09s as she won the women’s 400m gold in the Nove Mesto nad Metuji Grand Prix on Saturday evening.
Hima has been running a series of 200m in the last few weeks and this was her first 400m after she retired midway through quartermile heats at the Asian championships in Doha in April.
Gold for Jabir
The women’s 400m ‘A’ final, the main race, was an all-India affair and V.K. Vismaya clocked a personal-best 52.48s for the silver while M.R. Poovamma, making a comeback after an achilles injury, was fourth in 53.74.
Meanwhile national 400m record holder Muhammed Anas, who ran the 200m here, clocked 20.95s for the silver and in the men’s 400m, Noah Nirmal Tom timed 46.05 for the second place while M.P. Jabir won the men’s 400m hurdles gold in 49.66s.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023 Highlights: Swiatek beats Haddad Maia, Muchova upsets Sabalenka to set up summit clash
- French Open 2023: Swiatek beats Haddad Maia, faces Muchova in final
- WTC Final - IND v AUS Day 2: Advantage Australia as India fights to avoid follow-on, top order fails
- IND vs AUS, WTC Final: Australia on top after India’s top-order collapse on Day 2
- WTC Final, IND vs AUS: Smith’s mantra to success- “Stay in the moment”