India is in line to get the Asian Games gold in 4x400 mixed relay with Kemi Adekoya of Bahrain being handed a four-year ban by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for failing a dope test.
India’s mixed relay team of Muhammed Anas, Hima Das, Arokia Rajiv and M. R. Poovamma had won the silver in the event at the Asian Games in Jakarta last year. The ban on Adekoya, who was part of the gold winning team, means India’s silver is set to be upgraded.
The AIU said that Adekoya’s results between August 24, 2018 and November 26, 2018 will be disqualified.
Following the race, India had officially lodged a complaint against Bahrain for obstruction, but it was turned down.
Adekoya had also won the 400m hurdles gold at the Asian Games with India’s Anu Raghavan finishing fourth. Raghavan is in line for the bronze.
- IPL 2024 Auction: Scouts reveal domestic middle-order batters, fast bowlers likely to be hot property on December 19
- Pro Kabaddi League: All team captains, coaches and owners of PKL 10
- Pro Kabaddi League: Full list of complete squads of all 12 teams in PKL 10
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info
- WBBL 2023: Adelaide Strikers defends title, beats Brisbane Heat by three runs in final