The Indian women’s 4x400m relay team, comprising Soniya Baishya, Aishwarya Mishra, V. Subha and Himanshi Malik, clocked 3:30.41s to win the gold at the Sri Lankan National Championships in Colombo on Sunday.
That was the fastest time by an Asian team this year.
The men’s and mixed 4x400m relay team also finished first in their respective events.
The results (Indian performances only):
Men: 400m hurdles: 1. T. Santhosh Kumar (50.37s). 3000m steeple chase: 1. Bal Kishan (8:51.34s). 4x400m relay: 1. India (Amoj Jacob, Muhammed Anas, Rajesh Ramesh, Muhammed Ajmal) 3:02.03s.
Women: 10,000m: 1. Seema (35:39.22s). 3000m steeple chase: 1. Preeti Lamba (10:13.02s). 4x400m relay: 1. India (Soniya Baishya, Aishwarya Mishra, V. Subha, Himanshi Malik) 3:30.41s; 3. India & Sri Lanka (Vithya Ramraj, Jisna Mathew, Himaya Fernando, Shanika Lakshani) 3:37.33.
Mixed 4x400m relay: 1. India (Amoj Jacob, Aishwarya Mishra, Muhammed Anas, Himanshi Malik) 3:17.33s, 2. India ‘A’ (Nihal Joel William, V. Subha, Mijo Chacko, Vithya Ramraj) 3:18.03.
- SMAT Live score, quarterfinals: Baroda beats Mumbai; Bhuvneshwar Kumar strikes twice for UP vs Punjab
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Score, World Cup 2023: Toss at 1:30 PM; Dream11 fantasy team, playing XI, toss updates, streaming info
- IND vs SL, World Cup 2023: India ODI record at Wankhede, WC stats, toss results, record against Sri Lanka, batting and bowling stats
- Swiatek says female tennis players are united as they seek improvements from the WTA
- Australia’s Mitchell Marsh out of ICC World Cup 2023 indefinitely