Former half-marathon world record holder Kenya’s Abraham Kiptumhas been given a four-year doping ban, the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) said.
The ban follows irregularities that showed up on Kiptumhas’ biological passport, which is used to track potential doping.
“The World Athletics Disciplinary Tribunal has banned the long-distance runner for four-years with effect from 28 April 2019,” a statement on Twitter said on Monday.
The Tribunal suspects the 30-year-old Kiptumhas of blood doping, but the athlete has denied any form of doping or blood manipulation.
- Asian Games 2023, India in Wrestling full schedule: Dates, squad, men’s and women’s teams
- Wrestling at Asian Games 2023: Preview - Game faces on, blinkers in place
- Indian sports news wrap, October 3
- Tejaswin Shankar - India’s decathlon silver surfer at the Asian Games, with a national record for good measure
- Asian Games 2023: Annu Rani, Parul Chaudhary win gold in track and field as India’s women athletes enjoy purple patch