Newly crowned World Champion Neeraj Chopra added another podium finish to his record after finishing second in the Men’s Javelin Throw at the Zurich Diamond League on Thursday.
Neeraj, who became the first-ever Indian athlete to win a gold medal at the World Athletics Championships in Budapest on Sunday, finished behind Czech Republic’s Jakub Vadlejch in the event.
This was the first Diamond League meeting that Neeraj failed to win in 2023, having emerged victorious in Doha and Lausanne. The 25-year-old Indian skipped the Monaco leg of the series.
With 23 points, Neeraj has qualified for the Diamond League finals and will defend his title at Hayward Field in Eugene on September 16-17.
When and where will Neeraj Chopra participate next?
Where can we watch the Diamond League final where Neeraj Chopra will participate?
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 307 all out; England leads by 46 runs
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win
- WPL 2024: Revamped Gujarat Giants faces uphill task against buoyant Mumbai Indians