Simone Biles was admitted to hospital with a kidney stone on the eve of her return to international competition at the World Gymnastics Championships in Doha.
Biles, a 10-time world championship gold medallist, is due to compete in the women's qualification rounds on Saturday. Yet, on Friday evening, the 21-year-old could be seen on a hospital bed in a photo she uploaded to Twitter.
READ: Indian gymnastics tied up in knots, no entry for Doha world champs
Biles took a lengthy break from competition after claiming four gold medals at the Rio 2016 Olympics. At August's U.S. Gymnastics Championships, she became the first woman to take national all-around gold on five separate occasions, while also claiming golds in the vault, uneven bars, balance beam and floor events.
Latest on Sportstar
- Man City vs Inter LIVE updates, Champions League final: Walker not in Starting XI; Lineups; Streaming info; 12:30 AM IST Kick-off
- Why is Kyle Walker not playing in Man City vs Inter UCL final?
- WTC final: Kohli & Co. fight back as record chase beckons India on final day
- WTC Final 2023: “We 100 per cent believe that we can win the match,” says Shami ahead of last day
- Rins to have two operations after breaking leg in Italian GP sprint crash