Two Diamond League track meets scheduled to be held in China were cancelled on Friday because of coronavirus-related restrictions and a substitute event in Poland was added to the calendar.
The mid-season meets in Shanghai and Shenzhen were called off “due to travel restrictions and strict quarantine requirements currently in place for entry into China,” organizers said in a statement.
The league said it “looks forward to hosting events in China again from 2023 onwards.”
The substitute event will be held in Chorzow, Poland, on Aug. 6. The series concludes at the Diamond League final in Zurich on Sept. 7-8.
China has stuck to its strict “zero-COVID” approach that restricts travel, tests entire cities and sets up sprawling facilities to try to isolate every infected person.
Two meets in China were also canceled last year for similar reasons.
- Protest banners fly over Etihad Stadium during Man City game
- Kerala Blasters beats Hyderabad Highlights, KBFC 1-0 HFC ISL 2023-24, Milos Drincic scores only goal as Tuskers keeps a clean sheet
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Mohammedan Sporting Club at the top, I-League standings
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Sachin Baby’s century in vain as Mumbai beats Kerala by eight wickets
- Which players can make it to the India squad for AFC Asian Cup 2023?