- August 25, 2023 01:29End of Day 6!
That’s it from today’s action at the World Athletics Championships.
India finally saw its first finalist in action in the form of long jumper Jeswin Aldrin, although it was sub par 11th place finish for him.
Olympic champion Mitliadis Tentoglou reigned supreme in the Worlds too with a jump of 8.52m.
All the big guns including Noah Lyles made their way to the men’s 200m final. The same was the case in the women’s 200m event.
We’ll be back on Friday with more action. It will be the golden boy Neeraj Chopra vying for a place in the men’s Javelin Throw final, along with Kishore Jena and DP Manu. See you tomorrow!
- August 25, 2023 01:23Women’s 400m hurdles Final
1. Femke Bol - 51.70
2. Shamier Little - 52.80
3. Rushell Clayton - 52.81
Bol had not lost a race this entire year. She maintains that streak in the final today. Bol was well clear by the end of the race, winning the race by over a second. She was the favourite and delivers on the big stage. A rather conservative race from the Dutch woman but in the end she upped the ante at the right moment.
- August 25, 2023 01:15The final act!
The Women’s 400m hurdles is set to begin. All eyes will be on one and only person - Femke Bol. A lot rides on her after she had an agonising fall in the 4x400 mixed relay final. Bol is the only runner in the final with a sub-52 timing in the event.
- August 25, 2023 01:13Women’s Hammer Throw - Final
1. Camryn Rogers - 77.22m
2. Janee’ Kassanavoid - 76.36m
3. DeAnna Price - 75.41m
- August 25, 2023 01:09Men’s 400m Final
1. Antonio Watson 44.22
2. Matthew Hudson-Smith 44.31
3. Quincy Hall - 44.37
Antonio Watson has stormed to the gold! He gets the edge in the final 50 metres of the race. Hudson-Smith was charging to the gold medal but has it stolen off him. Vernon Norwood too dropped out of the medal places in the final stretch of the race.
- August 25, 2023 01:04Coming Up: Men’s 400M Final
The 400m crown up for grabs. Antonio Watson of Jamaica the favourite to get it. But Vernon Norwood of the USA and Matthew Hudson-Smith of Great Britain are not going to make it easy for him. Then there’s the World Record holder Wayde Van Niekerk too in the mix.
Who will emerge victorious?
- August 25, 2023 01:00Women’s 200m Final - Startlist
- August 25, 2023 00:58Women’s 100m hurdles Final
1. Danielle Williams - 12.43
2. Jasmine Camacho-Quinn - 12.44
3. Kendra Harrison - 12.46
Jamaica’s Danielle Williams clinches the gold by one hundredth of a second. Camacho-Quinn and Kendra Harrison were looking for the final tussle for the gold but the former champion comes in late into the race from the inner most lane. She has a massive lean forward to take the top place.
- August 25, 2023 00:52Up Next - Women’s 100m hurdles Final
We will have a champion crowned in a few minutes as the eight runners for the women’s 100m hurdles make their way to the track.
- August 25, 2023 00:42Men’s 800m - SF Heat 3
1. Emmanuel Wanyonyi - 1:43.83
2. Adrian Ben - 1:43.92
- August 25, 2023 00:37Tentoglou snatches gold in Men’s Long Jump Final!
DRAMA! DRAMA IN THE FINAL! The Olympic champion Tentoglou raising the bar when the stakes were the highest. He lands at a whopping 8.52m on the final asking. He pips Wayne Pinnock whose best remains at 8.50m. For the bronze, Tajay Gayle jumps 8.27m to deny his compatriot Carey McLeod. Both had a best of 8.27m but Gayle gets the medal on count back.
1. Miltiadis Tengoglou - 8.52m
2. Wayne Pinnock - 8.50m
3. Tajay Gayle - 8.27m
- August 25, 2023 00:34Men’s 800m - SF Heat 2
1. Marco Arop - 1:44.02
2. Djamel Sedjati - 1:44.49
- August 25, 2023 00:25Men’s Long Jump - Final
Olympic champion Tentoglou is still sandwiched between Wayne Pinnock and Carey McLeod. The Greek has a second best jump of 8.39m after his 8.50 opener but Pinnock’s second best is at 8.40 which has put him at the top spot. The 8.27 jump is enough to keep McLeod in the third spot.
- August 25, 2023 00:24Men’s 800 - SF Heat 1
1. Slimane Moula - 1:43.93
2. Tshepiso Masalela - 1:44.14 (PB)
- August 25, 2023 00:18Men’s 200m - SF Heat 3
1. Erriyon Knighton - 19.98
2. Zharnel Hughes - 20.02
- August 25, 2023 00:17Men’s 200m - SF Heat 1
1. Noah Lyles - 19.76
2. Alexander Ogando - 20.02
Noah Lyles absolutely cruises into the final of the men’s 200m. He started off well and used that to ease his way down the final stretch.
- August 25, 2023 00:02Men’s 200m - SF Heat 2
1. Kenneth Bednarek - 19.96
2. Letsille Tebogo - 19.97
Easy as it gets for Bednarek and Tebogo. The two exchanged glances at each other as they crossed the finish line.
- August 24, 2023 23:53JESWIN ALDRIN KNOCKED OUT!
Not the kind of performance that was expected from Jeswin Aldrin. He needed to get into the top eight after the first three jumps. He fouled on the first two and leaped across 7.77 metres in the final attempt. Not enough to stay in the competition.
- August 24, 2023 23:50Jeswin Aldrin - Jump 3
Jeswin Aldrin gets a green flag on the board. He needed to clear 7.94 metres to continue in the competition but he only lands a 7.77m.
- August 24, 2023 23:49Aldrin missing by a whisker
“First one stepped over. Second one few centimeters over,” says Sportstar’s reporter in Budapest, Jonathan Selvaraj.
- August 24, 2023 23:47Carey McLeod with an awkward fall
The third-placed jumper overstepped on the board. Replays show he slips on the board which leads to an awkward upper body-first landing in the sand. Thankfully, he is okay to continue.
- August 24, 2023 23:42Time running out for Jeswin Aldrin!
The third attempts getting underway now. India’s Jeswin would hope to get a legal attempt now as the competition heats up at the top.
- August 24, 2023 23:39Men’s Long Jump Final
Two of the three medal places are with Jamaica. Pinnock lands an 8.50 jump and gets ahead of Tentoglou who faltered on the second jump. Carey McLeod is third at 8.27.
India’s Jeswin Aldrin yet to make a legal jump after the first two attempts.
- August 24, 2023 23:35Women’s 200m - SF Heat 3
1. Shericka Jackson - 22.00
2. Sha’Carri Richardson - 22.20
- August 24, 2023 23:33Women’s 200m - SF Heat 2
1. Julien Alfred - 22.17
2. Daryll Neita - 22.21
- August 24, 2023 23:32Jeswin Aldrin - Jump 2
Again an illegal jump from Jeswin Aldrin. He stays last out of the 12 jumpers as of now.
- August 24, 2023 23:24Jeswin Aldrin’s 2nd attempt coming up
The Indian will take a second try at getting a legal jump on the board. As early attempts indicate, Aldrin needs a leap in excess of eight metres to stay in contention here.
- August 24, 2023 23:21Tajay Gayle moves third - Men’s Long Jump Final
Tajay Gayle lands at a distance of 8.17m to get into the bronze medal spot. A massive improvement from his opening attempt of 6.50m.
- August 24, 2023 23:18Women’s 200m - SF Heat 1
1. Gabrielle Thomas - 21.97
2. Dina Asher Smith - 22.28
- August 24, 2023 23:14Men's Long Jump - Final
Tentoglou starts with a season best 8.50m jump. He is on the first place right away. Jamaica’s Pinnock lands at 8.40m to go second. Sweden’s Montler is third at the moment with a jump of 8.00m.
- August 24, 2023 23:10Jeswin Aldrin - Jump 1
Jeswin Aldrin start with a no jump to the final. A cross shows up against his name.
- August 24, 2023 23:09Aldrin to jump now!
The first jump for the Indian coming up next.
- August 24, 2023 23:09Men’s 5000m Heat 2
1. Luis Grijalva
2. Yomif Kejelcha
3. Mohammad Ahmed
4. Berihu Aregawi
5. Oscar Chelimo
6. Mohamed Ismail
7. JAcob Krop
8. Ishmael Kiprikui
- August 24, 2023 23:02Moments away!
The Long Jump final is nearing its start time. Jeswin Aldrin has a personal best of 8.42 metres and he would need to up that a bit to make a mark in today’s final.
- August 24, 2023 22:48Men’s 5000m Heat 1
1, Mohamed Katir - 13:35.90
2. Hagos Gebrhiwet - 13:36.15
3. Jakob Ingebrigtsen - 13:36.21
4. Ouassim Oumaiz - 13:36.35
5. Abdihamid Nur - 13:36.37
6. Jimmy Gressier - 13:36.42
7. Paul Chelimo - 13:36.51
8. Narve Gilje Nordas - 13:36.55
- August 24, 2023 22:45Men’s 5000m Heat 1
The final lap approaches us and Ingebrigtsen is in the top eight places. So is Mohamed Katir.
- August 24, 2023 22:44Men’s 5000m Heat 1
Kenya’s Kipkorir is now the first in the pack. Ingebrigtsen lurking around in the tightly bunched pack of runners. 3600m done. Gearing up for the finish.
- August 24, 2023 22:39Men’s 5000m Heat 1
Still no signs of aggression from the defending champion Ingebrigtsen as the race nears the 2000m mark. Just a couple of places ahead of him is Mohamed Katir. Expect this duo to climb up places at a rapid pace as the race nears its business end.
- August 24, 2023 22:35Men’s 5000m Heat 1
After the first 700m, Ingebrigtsen is in the last place, Going pretty steady at the moment. USA’s Paul Chelimo setting the pace in the race.
- August 24, 2023 22:32The evening session gets underway
We start the second session of the day with the heats of the Men’s 1500m. Jakob Ingebrigtsen will be in action in the first heat.
44 athletes across the two heats and the top eight from each make the finals.
- August 24, 2023 22:26Men’s 200m
Also in the line today will be the Men’s 200m semifinals. Noah Lyles, Letsille Tebogo and Zharnel Hughes are all put into separate heats and should advance to the finals without any upset.
- August 24, 2023 22:08Men’s Long Jump Final - Startlist
1. Tajay Gayle - 8.12
2. Radek Juska - 8.10
3. Marquis Dendy - 8.08
4. Carey McLeod - 8.19
5. Alejandro Parada - 8.13
6. Simon Ehammer - 8.13
7. Jeswin Aldrin - 8.00
8. Thobias Montler - 8.03
9. Mitliadis Tentoglou - 8.25
10. Wayne Pinnock - 8.54
11. William Williams - 8.13
12. Jianan Wang - 8.34
- August 24, 2023 21:57Jeswin Aldrin in the Final!
The Indian high jumper will be in action at 11PM as India will have its first finalist at this year’s Worlds.
- August 24, 2023 21:52Women’s 400m hurdles Final - Startlist
1. Ayomide Folorunso
2. Janieve Russell
3. Andrenette Knight
4. Shamier Little
5. Femke Bol
6. Kemi Adekoya
7. Rushell Clayton
8. Anna Cockrell
- August 24, 2023 21:49Men’s 400 Final - Startlist
1. Wayde Van Niekerk
2. Havard Bentdal Ingvaldsen
3. Kirani James
4. Matthew Hudson-Smith
5. Quincy Hall
6. Antonio Watson
7. Vernon Norwood
8. Sean Bailey
- August 24, 2023 18:10Here are the events which will take place in the evening session for day 6!
Evening Session for Day 6 (timing in IST):
10:30PM - Men’s 5000m Heats
11PM - Men’s Long Jump Final
11:15PM - Women’s 200m Semifinals
11:50PM - Men’s 200m Semifinals
11:56PM - Women’s Hammer Throw Final
12:20AM - Men’s 800m Semifinals
12:52AM - Women’s 100m Hurdles Final
1:05AM - Men’s 400m Final
1:20AM - Women’s 400m Hurdles Final
- August 24, 2023 17:36Day 5 highlights of the World Athletics Championship
- August 24, 2023 16:37A finish line proposal at the women’s 35km race walk!
- August 24, 2023 15:36Parul Chaudhary tears up form sheet, makes steeplechase final at World Athletics Championships
Parul’s time of 9.24.29 in her heat was over five seconds faster than her previous personal best (9.29.51) and it helped her finish in fifth place and by virtue of that earn a spot in the final of the 3000m steeplechase event.
- August 24, 2023 14:01Spain’s Martin wins men’s 35km race walk
- August 24, 2023 13:35Stano finishes seventh
Kawano posted a season’s best of 2:25:12 to finish third, while defending champion Massimo Stano of Italy was seventh with 2:25:59.
- August 24, 2023 13:03Ram Baboo finishes 29th
India’s Ram Baboo finishes in the 29th position in the men’s 35km race walk with a timing of 2:29:51s.
- August 24, 2023 13:02Alvaro Martin wins Gold in men’s 35km race walk
Alvaro Martin has done it! What a brilliant run as the 20km champion who opened the World Athletics Championships 2023 medals tally by winning the gold in the 20km race is now the champion of the men’s 35km race walk with a timing of 2:24:30s. Brian Daniel Pintado finishes second with a timing of 2:24:34s and Masatora Kawano finishes third by clocking 2:25:12s.
- August 24, 2023 12:34Martin challenges Quinion
Aurelien Quinion continues to lead the pack as Alvaro Martin, the 20km champion in the World Athletics Championships 2023 is ripping off and is challenging Quinon as the race enters the final stage. Masatora Kawano is holding to his third position.
- August 24, 2023 12:12Neeraj could win more Olympic gold medals and break my record, says Zelezny
- August 24, 2023 11:48Ram Baboo trails behind
India’s Ram Baboo has covered 17kms so far with a current timing of 1:14:26s and is way behind the pack. Aurelien Quinion leads the race with Evan Dunfee and Christopher Linke at second and third positions.
- August 24, 2023 11:18World Athletics Championships 2023: Kerr stuns Ingebrigtsen to win 1,500m gold
- August 24, 2023 11:18While you were asleep! Kerr wins 1500m Gold
Briton Josh Kerr pulled off one of the shocks of the World Championships when he beat Olympic champion and hot favourite Jakob Ingebrigtsen in an absolute carbon copy of last year’s final to take 1,500m gold.
- August 24, 2023 10:56Men’s race walk begins
The men’s 35km race walk has started with Lopez taking an early lead. India’s hopes lie on Ram Baboo who shattered the national record at the National Games in 2022.
- August 24, 2023 10:45Morning session begins in Budapest
The morning session has started with the women’s 35km race walk currently in progress. The men’s will commence shortly.
- August 24, 2023 10:02World Athletics Championships 2023 Day Six: Indians in action, timings, streaming info
- August 24, 2023 09:47Where to watch the World Athletics Championships 2023 in India?
The World Athletics Championships 2023 will be live streamed in India on Jio Cinema from August 19 to 27.
- August 24, 2023 09:25Ram Baboo in action
India’s National Record holder Baboo will compete in the men’s 35km race walk finals in the morning session. We are just an hour away from the start of Day six with Ram Baboo spearheading India’s challenge.
- Poland U-17 World Cup squad depleted after FIFA rule out replacing banished players
- Seven Belgian tennis players suspended in match-fixing probe
- World Cup 2023: Business Development Director Sybrand Engelbrecht gets a second chance at cricket
- Afghanistan’s participation in LA Olympics 2028 in the works by IOC, says ICC CEO Allardice
- Andy Murray splits from coach Ivan Lendl after gruelling 2023 season