- Men’s High Jump - Gianmarco Tamberi is the new world champion
- Men’s 3000m Steeplechase Final - EL BAKKALI REIGNS SUPREME YET AGAIN!
- FAITH KIPYEGON DEFENDS HER TITLE IN 1500m
- Women’s Disc Throw Final - Tausaga is the new world champion
- Women’s discus throw final - fifth round - Tausaga throws it big!!!!
- Krishan Kumar finishes 7th in men’s 800m Heat One
- Jyothi Yarraji finishes 7th in Women’s 100m hurdles Heat Four
- August 23, 2023 02:09Indians in action on Day Five
Women’s Javelin Throw Group A Qualification - 1:50PM IST - Annu Rani (Automatic qualifying mark - 61.50m or top 12 to qualify for final)
Men’s Long Jump Qualification - 2:45PM IST - M Sreeshankar, Jeswin Aldrin (Automatic qualifying mark - 8.15m or top 12 to qualify for final)
Women’s 3000m Steeplechase Heats - 11:38PM IST - Parul Chaudhary (First five in each heat qualify for final)
- August 23, 2023 02:08Day Five schedule
1:35PM IST - Women’s 800m Heats
1:45PM IST - Men’s Pole Vault Qualification
1:50PM IST - Women’s Javelin Throw Qualification Group A
2:45PM IST - Men’s Long Jump Qualification
2:50PM IST - Women’s 200m Heats
3:25PM IST - Women’s Javelin Throw Qualification Group B
3:45PM IST - Men’s 200m Heats
10:30PM IST - Women’s Hammer Throw Qualification Group A
10:32PM IST - Women’s 5000m Heats
10:40PM IST - Women’s Triple Jump Qualification
11PM IST - Women’s Pole Vault Final
11:23PM IST - Women’s 3000m Steeplechase Heats
12:05AM IST - Women’s Hammer Throw Qualification Group B
12:15AM IST - Women’s 100m Hurdles Semifinal
12:45AM IST - Men’s 1500m Final
1:05AM IST - Women’s 400m Final
1:20AM IST- Men’s 400m Hurdles Final
- August 23, 2023 01:47Top three in men’s triple jump
Gianmarco Tamberi (Italy) - Gold - 2.36m
JuVaughn Harrison (USA) - Silver - 2.36m
Mutaz Essa Barshim (Qatar) - Bronze - 2.33m
- August 23, 2023 01:30Men’s High Jump - Gianmarco Tamberi is the new world champion
Tamberi has increased the height of the bar to 2.40m. If he clears this, it will be a new personal best. He is already guaranteed to win gold.
He does not get the necessary elevation and ends up going under the bar. But it does not matter.
GIANMARCO TAMBERI IS THE FIRST ITALIAN MAN TO BECOME WORLD CHAMPION IN MEN’S HIGH JUMP!!!
- August 23, 2023 01:19Men’s high jump final update - battle between Tamberi and Harrison
Harrison fails twice to clear 2.38m. Same for Tamberi.
Final attempt for Harrison on 2.38m. He failed once on 2.36m. So, if he and Tamberi both fails to clear 2.38m, the Italian will win the gold medal on countback.
And Harrison does fail to clear 2.38m. Gianmarco Tamberi is set to win the gold medal, irrespective of what happens in his third and final attempt on 2.38m.
- August 23, 2023 01:16Men’s 3000m Steeplechase Final - EL BAKKALI REIGNS SUPREME YET AGAIN!
It is expected to be a battle between Lamecha Girma of Ethiopia, the reigning world champion Soufiane El Bakkali of Morocco and Kenya’s Abraham Kibiwot.
Leonard Bett takes the lead with Girma in second and El Bakkali in third. This is proving to be a much quicker race than last year’s final.
Girma makes the move and decides to increase the pace. The Ethiopian is in front with El Bakkali and Kibiwot following with final lap to go. Kibiwot takes a fall and that allows Bett to close in on him.
It’s a battle between Girma and El Bakkali and the Moroccan takes the lead at the halfway mark before extending his lead to retain the gold medal!!!!! Girma takes silver while Kibiwot wins bronze.
Soufiane El Bakkali (Morocco) - Gold - 8:03.53s
Lamecha Girma (Ethiopia) - Silver - 8:05.44s
Abraham Kibiwot (Kenya) - Bronze - 8:11.98s
- August 23, 2023 01:11Men’s high jump final - Barshim out!!!
Mutaz Barshim, the reigning Olympic and world champion, is out of the competition after three failed attempts at 2.36m. Germany’s Poyte too exits. However, Tamberi clears in his first jump while Harrison does it in second!
It is going to be a battle between the Italian and the American as Cuba’s Luis Enrique Zayas too fails to clear 2.36m.
- August 23, 2023 01:04FAITH KIPYEGON DEFENDS HER TITLE IN 1500m
All eyes on world record holder and reigning champion Faith Kipyegon, the legendary Sifan Hassan and Great Britain’s Laura Muir.
Kipyegon is keep the pace of the race relatively slow and the rest of the field has done nothing to upset her rhythm so far. She leads going into the final lap.
Sifan Hassan makes a late charge but she can only manage to finish third. Diribe Welteji of Ethiopia in second but Faith Kipyegon defends her title with ease!!!!
Faith Kipyegon (Kenya) - Gold - 3:54.87s
Diribe Welteji (Ethiopia) - Silver - 3:55.69s
Sifan Hassan (Netherlands) - Bronze - 3:56.00s
- August 23, 2023 01:03Men’s high jump final update
Barshim, Germany’s Tobias Potye and USA’s Shelby McEwen fail to clear 2.36m in their first attempts.
- August 23, 2023 00:57Women’s Disc Throw Final - Tausaga is the new world champion
China’s Bin Feng improves yet again with 68.20m and takes the brone medal. Valarie Allman, stays in second with 68.61m. IT IS GOLD MEDAL FOR LAULAUGA TAUSAGA WHO THROWS 68.36m IN THE FINAL ROUND BUT IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!
Laulauga Tausaga (USA) - Gold - 69.49m
Valarie Allman (USA) - Silver - 69.23m
Bin Feng (China) - Bronze - 68.20m
- August 23, 2023 00:55Men’s 400m third semifinal
What a shame! The fastest man in 400m this year, the Olympic champion - Steven Gardiner - pulls his hamstring and falls going into the last 100m after something similar had happened to Botswana’s Bayapa Ndori earlier in the race.
USA’s Quincy Hall wins with 44.43s and Jamaica’s Sean Bailey is second with 44.94s.
Wayde Van Niekerk and Havard Ingvaldsen make it to the final as non-automatic qualifiers.
Top eight who make it to the final:-
Antonio Watson (Jamaica) - 44.13s
Matthew Hudson-Smith (Great Britain) - 44.26s
Vernon Norwood (USA) - 44.26s
Quincy Hall (USA) - 44.43s
Kirani James (Grenada) - 44.58s
Wayde Van Niekerk (South Africa) - 44.65s
Havard Ingvaldsen (Norway) - 44.70s
- August 23, 2023 00:50Women’s discus throw final - fifth round - Tausaga throws it big!!!!
Well, well, well. Valarie Allman had been leading till the fourth round but it’s her compatriot Laulauga Tausaga who comes up with a massive personal best throw of 69.49m to move into the gold medal position!!!
Allman can only throw 64.60m in her penultimate attempt and stays second. China’s Bin Feng improves further with 67.41m.
Dutchwoman Jorinde Van Kilnken moves into fourth positio with 67.20m. Perkovic fifth with 66.57m her throw from second round.
- August 23, 2023 00:46Men’s high jump final update
Mutaz Essa Barshim, JuVaughn Harrison and Gianmarco Tamberi all clear 2.33m height in their first attempts.
- August 23, 2023 00:43Men’s 400m second semifinal
Great Britain’s Matthew Hudson-Smith breaks the European record to win the second semifinal with 44.26s!
Grenada’s Kirani James, second with 44.58s, is also through to the final.
Norway’s Havard Ingvaldsen, third with 44.70s, is in the final non-automatic qualification spot.
Wayde Van Niekerk’s hopes of making it to the final are still alive!
- August 23, 2023 00:40Women’s discus throw final update - fourth round
Perkovic makes a legal throw (65.64m) in the fourth round but it is not an improvement on her second-round effort of 66.57m. Bin Feng, however, does improve with a throw of 67.18m but so does Valarie Allman!!!!
The American is throwing bigger and bigger with every round. This time, it is 69.23m!
- August 23, 2023 00:38Men’s high jump final - more eliminations
Japan’s Ryoichi Akamatsu, Australia’s Brandon Starc, Poland’s Norbert Kobielski and last year’s bronze medallist Andrii Protsenko of Ukraine are out after failing to clear 2.29m.
- August 23, 2023 00:30Men’s 400m semifinal one
This is a big one. South Africa’s Wayde Van Niekerk and USA’s Vernon Norwood side by side in lanes 7 and 8.
Van Niekerk and Trinidad and Tobago’s Jereem Richards start quickly. Jamaica’s Antonio Watson, however, takes the lead post the 200m mark and never relinquishes. Norwood, after trailing Van Niekerk for most part of the race, overtakes him towards the end to clinch the second automatic qualification spot.
Personal bests for both Watson (44.13s) and Norwood (44.26s). Van Niekerk is third with 44.65s and he will have to wait and see whether he makes it as one of the two fastest losers. Richards fourth with 44.76s. Kentaro Sato of Japan fifth with 44.99s. Five men go inside the 45-second mark!
- August 23, 2023 00:24Women’s discus throw final update
Another foul for Perkovic. She is still in the bronze medal position with her second-round throw of 66.57m.
Valarie Allman is on fire tonight!!! She already had the lead but she betters her first-round attempt with a throw of 68.79m in the third round.
Bin Feng of China comes up with 65.91m throw in this round. She is still second with her second-round throw of 66.97m, 40cm ahead of Perkovic.
- August 23, 2023 00:22Tamberi, Woo and Harrison too progress
Like Barshim, Gianmarco Tamberi, Sanghyeok Woo and JuVaughn Harrison clear 2.29m in their first attempts!
- August 23, 2023 00:21Women’s 400m hurdles Finalists
Shamier Little (USA) - 52.81s
Femke Bol (Netherlands) - 52.95s
Rushell Clayton (Jamaica) - 53.30s
Kemi Adekoya (Bahrain) - 53.39s
Anna Cockrell (USA) - 53.63s
Janieve Russell (Jamaica) - 53.69s
Andrenette Knight (Jamaica) - 53.72s
Ayomide Folorunso (Italy) - 53.89s
- August 23, 2023 00:16Women’s 400m hurdles last semifinal
USA’s Shamier Little tops her semifinal with 52.81s. That’s some performance! Bahrain’s Kemi Adekoya also qualifies with 53.39s (Asian Record). This semifinal was so quick that Jamaica’s Janieve Russell - 53.69s - and Ayomide Folorunso of Italy - 53.89s (National Record) - make it to the final as non-automatic qualifiers!
Dalilah Muhammad, last year’s bronze medallist, is out!
- August 23, 2023 00:14Men’s high jump final
No slip up this time from Mutaz Essa Barshim as he clears 2.29m height in his very first attempt.
- August 23, 2023 00:13Women’s discus throw final - Perkovic on the board!
Two-time world champion Sandra Perkovic of Croatia, after a foul in the first round, registers a solid throw of 66.57m to move into the bronze medal position. Allman throws 66.94m in her second attempt. Can Bin Feng overtake her? No, she can’t. Only 65.16m
- August 23, 2023 00:10First elimination in men’s high jump final
Italy’s Marco Fassinotti and Ukraine’s Oleh Doroshchuk are out after failing to clear 2.25m.
- August 23, 2023 00:03Women’s 400m hurdles second semifinal - all eyes on Femke Bol
Comfortable win for Dutchwoman Femke Bol who clocks 52.95s. She is through to the final. Andrenette Knight of Jamaica takes the second automatic qualification spot with 53.72s. Dalilah Muhammad of USA is third with 54.19s. She might make it as one of the fastest losers.
- August 23, 2023 00:02Relief for Barshim, Tamberi
The reigning Olympic and world champion Mutaz Barshim clears 2.25m in men’s triple jump final on his second attempt. Gianmarco Tamberi too clears at the second time of asking.
- August 23, 2023 00:01Allman starts with a bang!
Reigning Olympic champion Valarie Allman begins with a massive opening throw of 68.57m. What a statement!
Reigning world champion Bin Feng of China second with 66.97m.
- August 22, 2023 23:59Women’s 400m hurdles semifinal one
With personal bests, Rushell Clayton (53.30s) of Jamaica and Anna Cockrell (53.63s) of USA finish in top two and take the automatic qualification spots for the final. Finland’s Viivi Lehikoinen finishes third with 54.48s. Gianna Woodruff of Dominica Republic is fifth with 54.71s.
- August 22, 2023 23:56Women’s Discus Throw final is underway!
Keep an eye on Valarie Allman and Sandra Perkovic. Perkovic begins with a foul. Germany’s Kristin Pudenz takes the lead with a first throw of 63.81m.
- August 22, 2023 23:47Mutaz Barshim, Gianmarco Tamberi begin with fouls!
That’s a surprise. Reigning Olympic champions Mutaz Essa Barshim and Gianmarco Tamberi fail to clear 2.25m in their first attempts. That could be costly. They both skipped the 2.20m height.
- August 22, 2023 23:42Final heat of men’s 800m
Last year’s bronze medallist Marco Arop of Canada is safely through to the semifinals.
Marco Arop (Canada) - 1:45.05s
Simone Barontini (Italy) - 1:45.21s
Yanis Meziane (Norway) - 1:45.30s
Three non-automatics qualifiers:
Tshepiso Masalela (Botswana) - 1:45.60s
Mark English (Ireland) - 1:45.71s
Filip Ostrowski (Poland) - 1:45.76s
Reigning world champion Emmanuel Korir is out!
India’s Krishan Kumar finishes 54th overall.
- August 22, 2023 23:37Men’s high jump final underway
Brandon Starc, the 2018 Commonwealth Games gold medallist, clears 2.20m with ease. So does last year’s silver medallist Sanghyeok Woo of Korea.
- August 22, 2023 23:35Men’s 800m Heat Six
The penultimate heat of the men’s 800m event is over. Here are the top three automatic qualifiers:
Abdelati El Guesse (Morocco) - 1:45.24s
Andreas Kramer (Sweden) - 1:45.42s
Slimane Moula (Algeria) - 1:45.76s
- August 22, 2023 23:29Men’s high jump final about to begin
The organisers introduce the 12 finalists which include the reigning Olympic champions Mutaz Essa Barshim and Gianmarco Tamberi.
- August 22, 2023 23:26Men’s 800m Heat Five - reigning world champion Korir finishes in 4th!
Disaster for the Kenyan (1:46.78s) . He does not grab one of the three automatic qualification spots and that might be the end of his title defence.
Benjamin Robert (France) - 1:46.45s
Ben Pattison (Great Britain) - 1:46.57s
Mohamed Attatoui (Spain) - 1:46.65s
- August 22, 2023 23:21Men’s 800m Heat Four
Adrian Ben of Spain wins heat four which was considerably faster than the previous one.
Adrian Ben (Spain) - 1:45.37s
Bryce Hoppel (USA) - 1:45.56s
Daniel Rowden (Great Britain) - 1:45.67s
- August 22, 2023 23:12Men’s 800m Heat Three
USA’s Isaiah Harris (1:48.00s) fails to finish in the top three in a slow heat which means he might not make it even as one of the non-automatics qualifiers.
Top three from Heat Three:
Alex Ngeno Kipngetich (Kenya) - 1:47.63s
Djamel Sedjati (Algeria) - 1:47.87s
Saul Ordonez (Spain) - 1:47.97s
- August 22, 2023 23:09Men’s 800m Heat Two
Here are the top three automatic qualifiers:-
Mateusz Borkowski (Poland) - 1:45.40s
Max Burgin (Great Britain) - 1:45.43s
Joseph Deng (Australia) - 1:45.48s
- August 22, 2023 22:53Krishan Kumar finishes 7th in men’s 800m Heat One
Krishan Kumar with a slow start and he is second-last for the first half of the opening lap. He moves into sixth place briefly as the second and final lap begins. However, he is back in seventh soon and he finishes in seventh place itself with a timing of 1:50.36s which is not good enough to make it to the semifinals.
Here are the top three automatic qualifiers for the semifinals:
Emmanuel Wanyonyi (Kenya) - 1:44.92s
Gabriel Tual (France) - 1:45.10s
Catalin Tecuceanu (Italy) - 1:45.31s
- August 22, 2023 22:50India’s Krishan Kumar in action now in men’s 800m hurdles Heat 1
Kumar is the Asian Athletics Championships silver medallist. Now, he needs to perform against the best in the world.
- August 22, 2023 22:42Women’s 100m hurdles Heat Five
Final heat of women’s 100m hurdles featuring reigning world champion Tobi Amusan of Nigeria.
Amusan starts slowly but recovers in time to win the heat. Here are the top four automatic qualifiers:
Tobi Amusan (Nigeria) - 12.48s
Megan Tapper (Jamaica) - 12.51s
Michelle Jenneke (Australia) - 12.71s
Natalia Christofi (Cyprus) - 12.90s
Here are the four non-automatic qualifiers for the semifinals:
Mette Graversgaard (Denmark) - 12.87s
Michelle Harrison (Canada) - 12.88s
Reetta Hurske (Finland) - 12.92s
Maayke Tjin-A-Lim (Netherlands) - 12.92s
Jyothi Yarraji finishes 29th overall.
- August 22, 2023 22:30Jyothi Yarraji finishes 7th in Women’s 100m hurdles Heat Four
Jyothi Yarraji is in lane 5. Jyothi starts well but is unable to convert it. She finishes seventh with a timing of 13.05s. Don’t think that’s good enough to make it as one of the fastest losers. Olympic champion Camacho-Quinn wins the heat without much fuss.
Top four automatic qualifiers:
Jasmine Camacho-Quinn (Puerto Rico) - 12.50s
Nadine Visser (Netherlands) - 12.68s
Ditaji Kambundji (Switzerland) - 12.71s
Celeste Mucci (Australia) - 12.90s
- August 22, 2023 22:23Women’s 100m Hurdles Heat Three
Kendra Harrison sets the track on fire with a blazing run!
Top four automatic qualifiers:
Kendra Harrison (USA) - 12.24s (World-leading performance)
Devynne Charlton (Bahamas) - 12.44s (National Record)
Danielle Williams (Jamaica) - 12.51s (SB)
Cindy Sember (Great Britain) - 12.83s (SB)
- August 22, 2023 22:15Women’s 100m hurdles Heat Two
Superb performance from USA’s Nia Ali who leads from starts to finish.
Here are the top four automatic qualifiers:-
Nia Ali (USA) - 12.55s
Pia Skyrzyszowska (Poland) - 12.65s
Marione Fourie (South Africa) - 12.71s
Luca Kozak (Hungary) - 12.71s
- August 22, 2023 22:14Women’s 100m hurdles Heat 1
And it’s a tie for the top spot.
Here are the top four automatic qualifiers:-
Ackera Nugent (Jamaica) - 12.60s
Masai Russell (USA) - 12.60s
Sarah Levin (Ireland) - 12.69s
Cyrena Samba-Mayela (France) - 12.71s
- August 22, 2023 22:06First event coming up shortly
Today’s action begins with the opening heat of the women’s 100m hurdles.
- August 22, 2023 21:50Details about Jyothi Yarraji’s women’s 100m hurdles heats
Yarraji, the national record holder, will compete in Heat Four.
Start List (along with Season’s Best):
Laeticia Bapte (France) - 12.69s
Ditaji Kambundji (Switzerland) - 12.47s
Celeste Mucci (Australia) - 12.84s
Nadine Visser (Netherlands) - 12.65s
Jyothi Yarraji (India) - 12.78s
Naomi Akakpo (Togo) - 13.81s
Klaudia Siciarz (Poland) - 12.96s
Mariam Abdul-Rashid (Canada) - 12.89s
Jasmine Camacho-Quinn (Puerto Rico) - 12.31s
There will be a total of five heats. Top four from each heat will automatically qualify for the semifinals along with the four fastest losers.
- August 22, 2023 21:39ICYMI, here’s the footage of a stunning women's 100m final
- August 22, 2023 21:29First final today is Men’s High Jump - 11:28PM IST
- August 22, 2023 21:20Biggest news from Day Three of the event - Sha’Carri Richardson is the new women’s 100m world champion
- August 22, 2023 21:12Where to watch World Athletics Championships in India?
The World Athletics Championships 2023 is being live streamed in India on Jio Cinema from August 19 to 27.
- August 22, 2023 21:10Day four schedule
10:10PM - Women’s 100m Hurdles Heats - Jyothi Yarraji in Heat Four
10:50PM - Men’s 800m Heats - Krishan Kumar in Heat One
11:28PM - Men’s High Jump Final
11:50PM - Women’s Discus Throw Final
11:55PM - Women’s 400m Hurdles Semifinals
12:30AM - Men’s 400m Semifinals
1:01AM - Women’s 1500m Final
1:12AM - Men’s 3000m Steeplechase Final
- Indian Super League 2023-24 Quiz — Set 1
- Dinesh Karthik to lead Tamil Nadu in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24
- BCCI announce squads and fixtures for the upcoming U19 men’s quadrangular series
- Liverpool striker Luis Diaz’s father released by kidnappers after 12 days
- ATP Finals 2023 draw: Djokovic faces Sinner, Tsitsipas and Rune in group stage