Former world No. 1 Kidambi Srikanth crashed out of the Indonesia masters Super 750 badminton tournament after losing to Danish third-seed Anders Antonsen 21-14, 21-9 in the men's singles semifinal that lasted 41 minutes.
Srikanth was able to hold on Antonsen initially, levelling the scores at 3-3, 4-4, 5-5 before falling behind. Srikanth made another fine recovery in the first game, narrowing down the gap to 12-11 but eventually lost steam.
In the second game also, both were tied at 4-4 but the Dane took eight straight points to zoom to 12-4. The Indian could not recover from there while Antonsen never let his guard down to win the second game and the match.
Earlier, double Olympic medallist PV Sindhu too bowed out after suffering a straight-game defeat in the semifinals against Japanese top seed Akane Yamaguchi.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 21-12 DEN; Miami attacks in first quarter - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best