Star Indian shuttlers, including P.V. Sindhu and H.S. Prannoy, will have to quickly get over the disappointment of the Sudirman Cup result when they begin their campaign at the Malaysia Masters Super 500 tournament starting here on Tuesday.
None of the top singles players could win their respective matches during the marquee clashes against Chinese Taipei and Malaysia as India made an early exit from the world mixed team championships in China.
The doubles pairs also couldn’t get going as India was beaten 4-1 and 5-0 by Taipei and Malaysia.
Back to the world tour events, the Indian shuttlers will look for redemption when especially keeping the Paris Olympic qualification in mind.
Sixth seed Sindhu, who had lost to Tokyo silver medallist Tai Tzu Ying and Goh Jin Wei last week, will meet Denmark’s, Line Christophersen.
Prannoy will get a chance to settle the scores when he faces sixth seed Chou Tien Chen again after his loss against the Taipei player in Suzhou.
Kidambi Srikanth also lost his match against Malaysia and will hope to get some confidence back with a win against Japan’s Kanta Tsuneyama in the opening round.
Lakshya Sen, who was on the reverse list in Sudirman Cup and didn’t get to play any matches, will open against former world champion Loh Kean Yew from Singapore.
Fifth seed Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty fought hard before going down in both their matches in China. They will square off against Ben Lane and Sean Vendy in their opening round.
In the qualification round, Malvika Bansod, Aakarshi Kashyap, B Sai Praneeth, Mithun Manjunath and Priyanshu Rajawat are in the fray.
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: PAK 139/5 (29.3); Adil removes Shakeel on 29
- La Liga 2023-24: Real Madrid to miss Bellingham against Valencia due to injury
- Indian sports news wrap, November 11
- AUS vs BAN, World Cup 2023: Marsh hits mammoth hundred, powers Australia to eight-wicket victory over Bangladesh
- AUS vs SA, World Cup 2023: Captain Bavuma a doubt for semifinal against Australia with sore hamstring