India’s Meiraba Luwang lived up to his top billing to win the Bangladesh Junior International Series 2019 title here on Sunday. Top seeded Meiraba, who hails form Manipur, beat Ken Yong Ong 21-14, 21-18 in the final that lasted 38 minutes.
Meiraba had defeated another Malaysian — M. Fazriq Mohamad Razif — in the semifinals. He was one of the five Indians in the main draw.
Meiraba had clinched the boys’ singles U-19 title at the Woncheon Yonex Korea Junior Open International Challenge last month.
- WPL 2024: Fatima Jaffer, the fascinating story of a rare ambidextrous bowler
- WPL 2024: Defending champion Mumbai Indians clashes against Delhi Capitals in tournament opener
- Qatar Open: Czech teenager Mensik stuns top seed Rublev to reach maiden ATP semifinal
- PVL 2024: Ahmedabad Defenders and Chennai Blitz continue winning form with consecutive victories
- Dubai Championships 2024: Swiatek takes out Zheng, Cirstea saves six match points in quarterfinal win over Vondrousova