Indian shuttlers Sourabh Verma and Sai Uttejitha Rao Chukka made it to the men’s and women’s singles main draw of the Thailand Open badminton tournament after winning their respective qualifying round matches here on Tuesday.
Sourabh first beat Kantawat Leelavechabutr of Thailand 21-18, 21-19 and then got the better of Zhou Ze Qi of China 11-21, 21-14, 21-18 in his second match of the qualification round to advance to the men’s singles main draw.
Zhou had beaten another Indian Ajay Jayaram 21-16, 21-13.
Uttejitha Rao, meanwhile, beat Tam Brittney of Canada 16-21, 21-14, 21-19 to enter the women’s singles main draw.
The likes of Saina Nehwal, in women’s singles, and B. Sai Pranneeth, Kidambi Srikanth, H S Prannoy and Parupalli Kashyap, in men’s singles, are in the fray in the main draw of the BWF World Tour Super 500 tournament.
The main draw begins on Wednesday.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s 10 man team keeps it all square
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final