Tamil Nadu’s junior World No. 3 Sankar Muthusamy and Kerala’s U. Sankar Prasad and P.S. Ravi Krishna - the top men’s doubles pair in the BAI’s national rankings – will be among the stars in action in the 76th Yonex Sunrise South Zone inter-State badminton championships which begin at the St. Peter’s Sports Academy here on Monday.
The four-day event, which is returning after a three-year break, will see seven teams in action including Andaman and Nicobar which will be making their debut. The championships will open with the mixed team event, for juniors and seniors, after which singles and doubles competitions will be held.
Telangana won the team titles in both the senior and junior categories in the previous edition of the event at Gulbarga in September 2019.
Matches in the championships, organised by the Kerala Badminton (Shuttle) Association and powered by Plant Lipids, will be held at the St. Peter’s Academy’s new air-conditioned stadium.
Actor Suresh Gopi, who is also the brand ambassador of the State badminton association, will inaugurate the event at 5 p.m. on Monday.
- India vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: Rohit falls after half century, Kohli, Iyer at crease - IND v NED match updates
- Rohit Sharma completes 500 runs in World Cup 2023, equals Tendulkar record
- India’s highest PowerPlay scores in World Cup 2023
- MotoGP 2023: Bastianini wins Malaysian Grand Prix as Bagnaia extends title lead
- India vs Netherlands Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: IND vs NED playing XI, fantasy team, squads