Former world silver-medallist Sonia Lather (57kg) signed off with a bronze medal in the Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament after going down to Ukraine’s Lullia Tsyplakova in the semifinals in Sofia, Bulgaria on Friday.
The two-time Asian silver-winner lost 2-3 to end with a bronze medal at the event’s 71st edition.
The tournament features more than 200 boxers from over 30 countries and is a season-opener in the European boxing calendar.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- Bopanna-Ebden, Yuki-Haase pairs advance, Nagal exits from Dubai Tennis C’ship
- Mexican Open: Second-seeded Holger Rune eases past American Michael Mmoh
- Argentina to play exhibition against Costa Rica instead of Nigeria in Los Angeles on March 26
- A low-ranked American tennis player banned after testing positive for marijuana at a tournament