At the Special General Meeting of the BCCI in New Delhi on Sunday, some of the members were taken in by surprise when N. Srinivasan made an appearance via Skype. There had been no indications from either the BCCI president C.K. Khanna, jt. secretary Amitabh Choudhary or the treasurer Aniruddh Chaudhry that the former BCCI president would be part of the meeting.
The Committee of Administrators (CoA) had specifically informed the full members that since the Supreme Court had not responded to its third status report seeking clarity on the eligibility of the disqualified members (by the Supreme Court order of Jan. 2, 2017), it was not giving directions on the matter.
With N. Srinivasan being overseas on the day of the meeting, and having been disqualified on a number of counts by the Supreme Court, it was expected that the TNCA president wouldn’t be part of the proceedings. “Kaasi (Viswanathan) had represented TNCA at the meeting with the CoA on Saturday and some of us saw him inside the hall before the start of the SGM. All of us were surprise when Srinivasan appeared through Skype,” said a member who took part in the SGM.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer