Kieron Pollard struck a 28-ball 72 to power Trinbago Knight Riders to a thrilling two-wicket win over Barbados Tridents, while Jamaica Tallawahs outplayed St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots by 37 runs in the Caribbean Premier League on Saturday.
The Knight Riders strengthened its position at the top of the points table with its sixth consecutive win.
As it happened |
Sent in to bat, Tridents lost Shai Hope (4) early, but Johnson Charles (47) and Kyle Mayers (42) powered the team to 148 for 7. In reply, the Knight Riders were struggling at 62 for 5, but Pollard smashed nine sixes and two fours in a whirlwind knock to take the team home.
Phillips, Brathwaite sizzle
In another match, opener Glenn Phillips scored an unbeaten 79 off 61 balls to help Jamaica Tallawahs post a competitive 147 for 6.
Its bowlers, led by Carlos Brathwaite (3/11), then dismissed the Patriots for 110 in 19.4 overs for a comfortable win.
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team
- King’s Cup 2023: Litmus test for India to find its next No. 9 with FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers ahead
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships