Fabian Allen, Nicholas Pooran and Oshane Thomas have been handed central contracts by Cricket West Indies (CWI) for the 2019-20 season. The three players were part of the squad that finished ninth at the ICC World Cup 2019.
Opener John Campbell, who made his Test debut against England earlier this year, has also been handed his first contract, in the red-ball category. The number of all-format contracts among men has now increased from four to seven, with Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer and Keemo Paul joining those in the Test and One-Day International (ODI) formats — Jason Holder, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph and Kemar Roach.
A total of 15 women — an increase of three — have also earned central contracts to run for the same period. They include veteran all-rounder Stacy Ann-King, left-hander Kycia Knight, and newcomers Shabika Gajnabi, Shawnisha Hector, Chinelle Henry, Natasha McLean and Karishma Ramharack.
“We believe the 2019-20 contract list provides us with a multi-talented group of players who can represent West Indies men and women across all formats over the contract period,” said interim chairman of the CWI Selection Panel, Robert Haynes.
“We believe the mix of players selected are important for the development of our teams going forward and we have looked to award contracts to players who have shown commitment and performance during the past year,” he added.
- All-format: Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Keemo Paul, Kemar Roach.
- Red-ball: Kraigg Brathwaite, John Campbell, Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich, Shannon Gabriel, Jomel Warrican.
- White-ball: Fabian Allen, Carlos Brathwaite, Sheldon Cottrell, Nicholas Pooran, Rovman Powell, Oshane Thomas.
- Retained: Shemaine Campbelle, Shamilia Connell, Deandra Dottin, Afy Fletcher, Hayley Matthews, Chedean Nation, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor.
- New contracts: Shabika Gajnabi, Shawnisha Hector, Chinelle Henry, Stacy-Ann King, Kycia Knight, Natasha McLean, Karishma Ramharack.