Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) ombudsman Justice (Retd) L. Narasimha Reddy has disqualified the incumbent HCA president Dr. G. Vivekanand and the suspended HCA Secretary T. Seshnarayan from holding any post.
It maybe recalled here that Mr. Seshnarayan was suspended by the HCA Apex Council recently for alleged acts of indiscipline. Being chargesheeted in a corrupton case, he cannot hold any post.
In case of Dr. Vivekanand, it was pointed out that since he is the advisor to the Telangana State Government, he is not eligible on the grounds of conflict of interest.
The ombudsman also directed the HCA to take steps to conduct elections for the above two posts and till then, the vice-president can discharge the duties but cannot take any policy decisions.
“I have just come to know about the honourable ombudsman’s order. I have just reached Chennai and hence did not know what exactly is in the order. But, I will honour his judgement,” Dr. Vivekanand informed Sportstar .
Former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin, whose nomination for presidentship was rejected in the last HCA polls, welcomed the order and demanded fresh elections.
“I am glad that justice was finally delivered as it was a clear case of conflict of interest with regard to Dr. Vivek being the president,” he said.
Latest on Sportstar
- Barcelona beats Kobe 2-0 in Iniesta send-off
- Sabalenka beats Svitolina, reaches maiden French Open semifinal
- WTC Final 2023: Rohit’s India aims to end ICC title drought, faces stern Australia test
- Kerala Blasters shuts women’s team to afford Vukomanovic walkout penalty; Sweden legend Hedvig Lindahl reacts
- French Open 2023, June 6 schedule: Djokovic, Alcaraz and Sabalenka in action in quarterfinals; H2H records, streaming info