Tamil Nadu's ‘away’ match against Tripura in Ranji Trophy, which was scheduled to be played in Agartala from October 14, will now be played in Chennai.
With persistent rains in the state, the Tripura Cricket Association (TCA) has been unable to get its ground ready. And to avoid any controversy later, the TCA has informed the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) about the situation.
“It has been raining for quite sometime here, and in such situation, it has not been possible to get the ground ready. As far we are concerned, we have informed both TNCA and BCCI about our problems,” TCA secretary Sourav Dasgupta told Sportstar from Agartala.
The Tripura secretary also admitted that the players will now travel to Tamil Nadu for the Ranji Trophy match. “Our players will now be playing the game away from home,” Dasgupta said.
When contacted, TNCA joint-secretary R. I. Palani confirmed the development. “It will be now played at Chepauk,” Palani said.
- Delhi Open 2024: Siddharth Vishwakarma loses to Samuel Ruggeri of Italy, Ramkumar defeated by Tristan Schoolkate
- Indian sports wrap, February 27
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Live Score Updates: Renuka double strike dents Gujarat, Live Streaming Info
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- DY Patil T20 Cup 2024: Ishan Kishan makes losing return to competitive cricket