England batter Joe Root became the country’s highest run-scorer in ODI World Cups during the match against Bangladesh in Dharamsala on Tuesday.
LIVE BLOG - ENGLAND VS BANGLADESH
Root bettered Graham Gooch’s tally of 897 runs in just his 19th World Cup match with his second consecutive fifty of the 2023 edition. His knock against Bangladesh is also his eighth 50+ knock in the ODI World Cups, which is one less than what Gooch achieved in 21 matches.
This is Root’s third World Cup, which also includes the one which England won at home in 2019.
The 32-year-old Root is also England’s second-highest scorer in the ODI format, only behind Eoin Morgan.
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Score, WPL 2024: Shafali, Lanning fifties help DC to nine-wicket win over UPW
- Medvedev says Australian Open final loss against Sinner ‘easy’ to get over
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 HIGHLIGHTS: Haryana Steelers beats Gujarat Giants 42-25 in Eliminator 2; Patna Pirates enters semifinal with 37-35 win over Dabang Delhi
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26