The inaugural edition of the Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) T20 tournament will be held from November 14 to December 6 this year, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said on Thursday.
The SLPL was initially scheduled to take place between August 28 to September 20, but had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Sri Lanka Cricket expects to officially launch the eagerly awaited Sri Lanka Premier League T20 cricket tournament in early November,” the SLC said in a statement.
The tournament will be played at three international venues -- Rangiri Dambulla International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele International Cricket Stadium and Suriyawewa Mahinda Rajapakse International Cricket Stadium.
Five teams will compete in 23 matches over a 15-day period.
The five teams are named after Colombo, Kandy, Galle, Dambulla and Jaffna districts.
“The tournament will not only create a platform for local players to develop their skills by playing side by side with world-class players, but will also provide an opportunity for Sri Lankan cricket fans to watch a quality cricket tournament,” the organisers said.
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, LIVE Score, FCG 1-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Gaurs lead at HALF TIME through Rowllin Borges’ strike
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: AUS - 18/0 (2), Head gives a strong start to the Aussies
- PKL LIVE Score, Tamil Thalaivas vs Dabang Delhi: Ajinkya Pawar shines as Thalaivas inflicts second all-out on Delhi; TT 24-37 DD - Pro Kabaddi League 2023 updates
- Achinta Sheuli to spearhead Indian challenge at Grand Prix II, Mirabai not in medal contention
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3: Abhinav Choudhary wins rapid fire pistol gold at National Championships