Rishabh Pant challenges M. S. Dhoni in an innovative promotion to showcase the new jersey that Delhi Capitals will sport in the 2019 Indian Premier League (IPL). Delhi Capitals meets Mumbai Indians in its first match of the league at the Wankhede Stadium on March 24.
In the video, Pant acknowledges Dhoni as a “guru” as he flips through his scrap book. “I am not sure if I would have been a wicketkeeper-batsman if Mahi bhai was not there,” he confesses. Pant then goes on to warn in lighter vein, “but this time I am going to be all over them (the team) and Captain Cool won’t be Cool any more.” He completes his act with a somersault,“Mahi bhai , be ready, I am coming to showcase my game.”
The promotion ends with Dhoni, having watched the video, giving a ‘stern’ look.
Pant, for his aggressive style of batting, is widely considered an ideal replacement for Dhoni whenever the latter decides to call it a day in the shorter formats of the game. Pant was named the 2018 ICC (International Cricket Council) Emerging Player of the Year.
Delhi Capitals skipper, Shreyas Iyer, was delighted at the new jersey. “We take great pride in wearing the new kit of Delhi Capitals. The brand new look supplements our renewed ambition of winning the title this season. These are exciting times for everyone associated with Delhi Capitals, and I am sure the fans will love supporting the team in the new blue and red.”
It was a pleasant comeback for Shikhar Dhawan. “It is a new adventure for me personally as I come back to the city and represent Delhi Capitals after spending 10 seasons away. It is a city that I have always called home and I am really excited to start the new season in these colours which represent the true spirit of the city.”
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round