India wicketkeeper-batter Ishan Kishan became the most expensive player to be bought on Day 1 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 auction as Mumbai Indians (MI) bought him for ₹15.25 crore. Kishan is now the second most expensive Indian player to be ever snapped up at the auctions after Yuvraj Singh (₹16 crore in 2015).
AS IT HAPPENED
Meanwhile, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) on Saturday broke the bank for Shreyas Iyer, who became the most expensive marquee player, going to the Shahrukh Khan-owned franchise for ₹12.25 crore.
England's Liam Livingstone became the msot expensive buy of day two when Punjab Kings picked him up for ₹11.50 crore.
Deepak Chahar (₹14 crore, Chennai Super Kings) is the most expensive bowler, thus far, while Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) has managed to hire the services of the joint costliest all-rounders in Harshal Patel and Wanindu Hasaranga (₹10.75 crore).
Avesh Khan became the most expensive uncapped player when the Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) picked him for ₹10 crore.
Below is the full list of sold and unsold players after Day 1 and 2:
*Marquee players in bold
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia