Josh Little on Friday became the first Ireland player to feature in the IPL. He was a net bowler for CSK during its warm-up camp in Surat in IPL 2022.
Little’s first IPL wicket was Ambati Rayudu, who was clean bowled for 12.
Ireland bowler Little dismissed New Zealand’s Kane Williamson, Jimmy Neesham and Mitchell Santner in successive deliveries to claim a hat-trick at the T20 World Cup last year.
Defending IPL champion Gujarat Titans had signed Little for Rs 4.4 crore at December’s auction, making him the first active Ireland player to be signed in the competition.
Little had missed the Pakistan Super League (PSL) earlier this year due to injury. Little was due to play for Multan Sultans in the PSL.
Latest on Sportstar
- Mbappe targets Ligue 1 scoring record with PSG next season
- Sanjivani Jadhav finishes second in women’s 10,000m at Portland Track Festival
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash
- McIlroy tied for lead at Memorial by making fewest mistakes
- Jabeur upset with fans reselling tickets due to women’s match in night session