Lucknow Super Giants pacer Mark Wood returned to England to be with his wife, Sarah, as the couple awaits the birth of their second child.
Wood, who played four matches for LSG in IPL 2023, taking 11 wickets, announced the news in a video posted by LSG on its social media handle.
“For the birth of my daughter, sadly but a good reason to go home. Hopefully, I might be able to come back and you can see me play a game. I am sorry that unfortunately, I have not played more. And in the four games, I managed to get a few wickets, but hopefully, I can charge in again for everyone soon,” the England quick in the video.
Wood has been instrumental in LSG’s surge this season, which included a five for 14 on debut against Delhi Capitals. The Lucknow franchise is currently third on the points table with 11 points in 11 matches.
- From Satwik-Chirag’s highs to Sindhu’s lows, Asian Games 2023 a test for India’s badminton faithful
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup venues confirmed: Dallas, Florida and New York get the nod
- Mohammed Siraj back at No.1 in ICC Men’s ODI bowling rankings
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score and Updates, September 20: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon; Volleyball men’s team faces South Korea
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final