Kings XI Punjab's Nicholas Pooran slammed the fastest fifty (17 balls) of IPL 2020 in the ongoing encounter against Sunrisers Hyderabad in Dubai on Thursday.
Pooran collected 28 off Abdul Samad's first over, hammering the spinner for four sixes and a four to reach the landmark. He is now second only to skipper KL Rahul, who holds the record for fastest half-century (14 balls) for Kings XI against Delhi Daredevils in 2018.
Chasing 202, Kings XI lost openers Mayank Agarwal and Rahul cheaply. But that didn't deter Pooran, who had got stuck into Abhishek Sharma and T Natarajan earlier, slamming the duo for three sixes combined. He was eventually dismissed by Rashid Khan for a 37-ball 77. The Caribbean keeper-batsman's innings was studded with seven sixes and five fours.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Full schedule, teams, squads, date, venues
- IPL auction: Five World Cup stars who could get an Indian Premier League contract on December 19
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Maharashtra aims to secure spot in knockouts after last season final loss
- Indian team leaves for FIH Women’s Junior World Cup 2023
- NBA In-Season roundup: Cavs recovers, tops 76ers in OT