Former India spinner and erstwhile national selector Sunil Joshi has been appointed as the spin-bowling coach of Punjab Kings ahead of the 2023 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Joshi, who served as the south zone representative of the senior national selection committee until recently, will be working with Punjab Kings’ new head coach Trevor Bayliss.
After a disappointing outing over the last couple of seasons, the Punjab outfit parted ways with head coach Anil Kumble. In the last edition of the tournament, Punjab finished sixth out of 10 teams.
A left-arm spinner, Joshi featured in 15 Tests and 69 ODIs for India between 1996 and 2001 and claimed 110 wickets. Though he continued featuring in domestic cricket, Joshi quit a decade ago and moved on to coaching.
He has previously worked with Bangladesh team and other domestic State sides before taking over as a national selector in 2020.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 1: MIA 42-59 DEN; Denver leads at half-time - NBA Finals updates
- Fishing helped Altmaier down Sinner in 5-hour 26-minute French Open epic
- NBA planning to announce latest Ja Morant decision after Finals, Silver says
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals?
- Why is the England vs Ireland Lord’s Test a four-day game?