- May 14, 2023 18:34Record defeat for Royals
- May 14, 2023 18:25RCB wins by 112 runs
This is as comprehensive as it gets. A disastrous batting performance by Rajasthan Royals as Royal Challengers Bangalore romps home by 112 runs. The 10th time a team has won by 100 runs or more in the IPL.
- May 14, 2023 18:22RR 59/10 in 10.3 overs
Karn Sharma with the 11th. Zampa attempts a reverse sweep and the ball sneaks through into his stumps. NINE DOWN FOR RR!!
Karn Sharma loops one in and Asif skies it. Kohli is underneath it and he makes no mistake. RCB WINS BY 112 RUNS!!!
- May 14, 2023 18:19RR 59/8 in 10 overs
Maxwell introduced into the attack. Zampa plays out a dot ball before taking a single to bring Hetmyer, who tries to go for another big one, only to hole out at long on. This should be it for Rajasthan Royals.
- May 14, 2023 18:12RR 55/7 in 9 overs
Bracewell up against Hetmyer. The left hander scoops it over extra cover and a diving Kohli can’t hold on to it. Four more for Hetmyer. He has nothing to lose at this point. Zampa gets a single last ball and he will keep strike.
- May 14, 2023 18:08RR 50/7 in 8 overs
Karn Sharma gets his first over. Hetmyer is beaten twice, but he responds by jumping down the track and smoking one over mid wicket. He is not happy with one. He wants more. Repeats the shot and gathers the same result. Karn goes wide and Hetmyer continues to attack. Slams it over long on. Last ball, Ashwin goes for a double and he is runout. THE CALAMITY CONTINUES FOR RR!!!
- May 14, 2023 18:03RR 31/6 in 7 overs
Bracewell with his second. Hetmyer taps one to the offside for a single. Jurel defends with a straight bat. Two dot balls, before he takes a single. Hetmyer return the favour. Bracewell goes a tad short and Jurel tries to muscle it to the fence and all he can do is find Lomror in the deep. RR heading to a huge defeat.
- May 14, 2023 17:59RR 28/5 in 6 overs
Hetmyer and Root squeezes in a couple of singles. Parnell swings one in and Root misses it. Once again, the umpire gives him out. Root reviews it, but no luck this time. He has to walk back this time. Dhruv Jurel walks into bat in the Powerplay for the first time this season.
- May 14, 2023 17:52RR 26/4 in 5 overs
Spin in the form of Bracewell. Padikkal tries to go past mid wicket, but can’t get it past Siraj. The umpire goes up for checking the catch and it is clear. Rajasthan Royals loses its fourth. RCB is cruising.
Hetmyer is the new batter and he starts with a six. Full and in the arc it is pumped away over mid wicket.
- May 14, 2023 17:46RR 19/3 in 4 overs
Wayne Parnell continues as RCB continues to press on. Just three runs in that over. This is turning out to be a fruitful powerplay from the away side. Not much batting to come for RR.
- May 14, 2023 17:41RR 16/3 in 3 overs
Siraj continues. Root on strike. Swings one in sharply and beats Root’s inside edge and hits his pad. Umpire gives it out. Root reviews it and it is going above the stumps. Root survives. Root responds with a scoop shot. Typical Bazball stuff. FOUR!!! Single last ball and he keeps strike.
- May 14, 2023 17:36RR 11/3 in 2 overs
Wayne Parnell with the second over for RCB. Goes wide and Buttler slashes at it. He can’t clear Siraj at point. BOTH RR OPENERS HAVE FALLEN FOR DUCKS!!
And we have Root batting in IPL for the first time. Single brings Samson to strike. He goes across the line and edges it. It goes highhhh and Rawat had to put in a dive to catch it.. This is a collapse of the worst kind for the Rajasthan Royals.
- May 14, 2023 17:28RR 5/1 in 1 over
Jaiswal and Buttler will look to give Royals another flying start. Siraj with the first over for RCB. Swings one in to the toes of Jaiswal to start. Blocked away. Siraj pitched one up on the off side and Jaiswal slams it straight to mid off. HUGE BLOW FOR RR!!
Skipper Samson in at No. 3. Siraj hits the tight lengths, holding Samson down for three dot balls. Last ball, Samson clips it over covers for a four. That should relieve some pressure for the home fans.
- May 14, 2023 17:096RCB 171/5 in 20 overs
KM Asif, who has been tremendous today with the ball till now comes to bowl the last over of the innings. He does well enough to give only two singles in the first three balls. Can he finish well? Asit to Rawat, SIX! Lovely shot this is, out of his reach, and way too wide but he went o the ball and slogs to clear the wide of long-on! Asif to Rawat, SIX! What an inning this is turning out to be. Back-to-back sixes from the young lad. This time Asif bowls him in the slot, and he picks it up and shows his clean striking to hit an 85m six. Asif looks under pressure now. Asif to Rawat, FOUR! What a finish from the 19-year-old Rawat to take RCB past 170! He shuffles and picks the line of the ball and clears wide long-on boundary. RCB gets to 171 with the 18-run over.
- May 14, 2023 17:03RCB 153/5 in 19 overs
Yuzvendra Chahal to bowl the penultimate over. Can RCB take advantage of the leg spinner in the 19th over? No, says Chahal as he gives only five singles and a boundary with Rawat hit with a reverse sweep to punish the full toss. Six balls to go, RCB 153 for five.
- May 14, 2023 16:58WRCB 143/5 in 18 overs
Sandeep Sharma in the attack to bowl the 18th over. Sandeep to Maxwell, OUT! This time he fails to improvise it. Looks for a reverse hit but Sharma’s ball rips through the and finds the gap to crash into the stumps. Anuj Rawat comes in the middle. Sandeep to Rawat, FOUR! Full drifting onto the pads and Rawat flicks it away for a boundary.
- May 14, 2023 16:55Most ducks in IPL
- May 14, 2023 16:5450RCB 135/4 in 17 overs
Yuzvendra Chahal is back in the attack. Chahal to Maxwell, FOUR! Clears the long-on boundary with a powerful hit on the full-length ball. Chahal to Maxwell, SIX! This is new-aged batting. He goes right off his stump to give him enough room and then swivels across to pull it off for a maximum to bring his fiery fifty!
- May 14, 2023 16:49WRCB 124/4 in 16 overs
Adam Zampa to Lomror, OUT! Zampa comes back into the attack and straightaway gives a breakthrough. A floated delivery outside off and Lomror tries to slog-sweep the ball but mistimes it and Jurel takes an easy catch and mid-on. Dinesh Karthik comes in at number five and this is a good comeback from the hosts. Zampa to Karthik, OUT! What is going on? Karthik goes on the back foot to defend the good length ball which skid out for him and trapped him in front of the wickets. Umpire gives the decision in favour of RCB but Rajasthan was able to turn with DRS. Three quick wickets for RR as Karthik goes on level-terms with Rohit Sharma to register joint-most ducks in the IPL (16).
- May 14, 2023 16:40WRCB 120/2 in 15 overs
Asif to bowl his third over. Asif to du Plessis, SIX! A good length ball, punished by the captain to get to his seventh half-century in this season. The run-machine is in no mood to stop as the South African also breached the 600-run mark in IPL 2023 and 4000 run mark in the Indian Premier League career. Asif to du Plessis, OUT! Jaiswal is the man at the extra covers. Too full and onto the stumps which du Plessis failed to clear over the fielder. Mahipal Lomror comes in at number four. He gets off the mark with a single to take the strike in the next over.
Faf du Plessis c Jaiswal b Asif 55 (44b 3x4 2x6)
- May 14, 2023 16:326RCB 107/1 in 14 overs - 100 up for RCB
du Plessis takes a single on the second ball of Ashwin which brings up 100 for RCB in the 14th over. Ashwin to Maxwell, SIX! Too full, too straight and this time he goes over the bowler’s head to hit a maximum. Nine comes from this over.
- May 14, 2023 16:294RCB 98/1 in 13 overs
Sandeep to Maxwell, FOUR! What a shot, audacious, walks down the pitch, changes his stance, and clears the third-man boundary with a reverse switch hit. Sandeep to Maxwell, FOUR! Back-to-back boundaries for Maxwell as this time he clears the deep cover-point region with an uppercut. A single off the last delivery to take the strike. 12 off the over.
- May 14, 2023 16:25RCB 86/1 in 12 overs
Ashwin gives only five runs from the over and Rajasthan have done well to stop the flow of run against two of the most destructive batters in the middle.
- May 14, 2023 16:19RCB 81/1 in 11 overs
Sanju Samson brings KM Asif. He bowls a tremendous over to keep things under control and gives only three runs in this over.
- May 14, 2023 16:154RCB 78/1 in 10 overs
Zampa in the attack. Zampa to Maxwell, FOUR! Hammered away by the Aussie this time. Picks the googly on time and pulled away on deep mid-wicket for a boundary. Decent comeback from Zampa to give only two runs in the last four balls.
- May 14, 2023 16:114RCB 71/1 in 9 overs
Yuzvendra Chahal has been brought back into the attack after three overs. He gives six runs in five balls. Chahal to Maxwell, FOUR! Maxwell reads the line and cuts it very late to pierce the two fielders at backward point and deep covers. 10 off the over.
- May 14, 2023 16:066RCB 61/1 in 8 overs
Ashwin continues from the other end. du Plessis gives the strike to Maxwell who takes a single to get off the mark on the first ball. A quiet over till now as Ashwin concedes only five singles off the first five balls. Ashwin to Maxwell, SIX! Dispatched by the Aussie, in the slot, onto the middle and Maxwell went clear the long-on region with ease to hit a massive 98m six.
- May 14, 2023 16:03WRCB 50/1 in 7 overs
Change in the bowling as KM Asif comes into the attack. Asif to du Plessis, FOUR! Short and outside off stump, cuts it behind point to get a boundary. du Plessis follows it up with a double. Asif to du Plessis, run out chance, missed! What a change for Jaiswal, as du Plessis was sent back by Kohli after he ran down almost 70 per cent of the pitch. Asif to Kohli, OUT! Kohli steps out to play a lofted shot but gets deceived by the slower delivery and gives an easy catch to Jaiswal. He goes for 18. Maxwell comes in at number three.
Virat Kohli c Jaiswal b Asif 18 (19b 1x4 0x6)
- May 14, 2023 15:564RCB 42/0 in 6 overs
Third spinner in the action. Ravichandran Ashwin comes into the attack to bowl the final over of the PowerPlay. Three singles along with a wide come in the first five deliveries. Ashwin to du Plessis, FOUR! Lucky, but boundary nonetheless for the captain. He tries to shuffle and make room to clear the long-off boundary but instead gets a thick outside edge which races away at the third-man region for a four. Eight from the over.
- May 14, 2023 15:51RCB 34/0 in 5 overs
Trump card, Yuzvendra Chahal comes into the attack. Bowls an excellent over to concede only five singles from his first over. One over to go in the PowerPlay, RCB 34 for no loss.
- May 14, 2023 15:484RCB 29/0 in 4 overs
Adam Zampa from the other end. Zampa to du Plessis, FOUR! Length ball, onto the fifth stump line and Faf makes space for himself and cuts it late to beat the point fielder. A couple of singles to follow. Zampa to du Plessis, SIX! Short, on the middle, gives enough time to the batter to get in the position and du Plessis does well enough to clear the wide long-on boundary off the back foot. Four gone, RCB 29 for no loss.
- May 14, 2023 15:44RCB 17/0 in 3 overs
Sandeep Sharma continues from the other end. He keeps the line tight to give only three singles in the first five balls. He keeps it fuller onto the pads, targeting the middle stumps and not giving enough room to open the hands. Four singles and a wide give five to RCB from this over.
- May 14, 2023 15:39RCB 12/0 in 2 overs
Spin straightaway in the attack as Adam Zampa, who came in for Trent Boult comes into the attack to bowl the second over of the innings. Zampa starts with a good length ball and Kohli plays on the back foot to the covers and a mix-up follows as Kohli had to hurry to complete this run. Only three singles off this over.
- May 14, 2023 15:334RCB 9/0 in 1 over
Sandeep starts the proceedings for RR with the new ball. Kohli takes the strike and starts with a single. Sharma bowls fuller length ball, on-off and Kolhi takes an easy single to get off the mark. Sharma to du Plessis, single, fuller length ball onto the pads and takes a single to get off the mark off the first delivery. Two more singles in the next two balls before Kohli opens his arm to get on the ball and hit the first FOUR of the innings. The width was on offer and Kohli pounces on it. Nine off the first over.
- May 14, 2023 15:31Live action
RCB openers Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis walk out in the middle as Sandeep Sharma takes the new ball.
- May 14, 2023 15:29RR vs RCB Head-to-head in Jaipur
- Matches played: 7
- Rajasthan Royals won: 4
- Royal Challengers Bangalore won: 3
- Last result: Rajasthan Royalswon by seven wickets (April 2019)
- Last five results: RR won - 3; RCB won - 2
- May 14, 2023 15:17RR vs RCB head-to-head
- Matches played: 26
- Rajasthan Royals won: 14
- Royals Challengers Bangalore won: 10
- No result: 2
- Last result: Royal Challengers Bangalore won by seven runs (Bangalore; April 2023)
- Last five results: RR won - 2; RCB won - 3
- May 14, 2023 15:10Pitch report
WV Raman and Simon Katich to the broadcasters -
We are on pitch number 5 at the SMS Stadium, this is the centre pitch and expected to be really good. In terms of dimensions, the straight boundaries are longer at 78m while the square boundaries are 66m. There was some cloud cover in the morning but that has disappeared. Second time this pitch is being used after the RRvCSK game, There were runs in that and it will be high scoring again. The pitch looks hard, with some cracks and grass in the middle. It is however a day game and the ball might slow up a bit due to the heat. Both teams would like to bat first, they have won four games each while batting first.
- May 14, 2023 15:07Playing XI - Rajasthan Royals
- Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson(w/c), Joe Root, Dhruv Jurel, Shimron Hetmyer, Ravichandran Ashwin, Adam Zampa, Sandeep Sharma, KM Asif, Yuzvendra Chahal
- May 14, 2023 15:06Playing XI - Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Faf du Plessis (c), Virat Kohli, Anuj Rawat, Glenn Maxwell, Mahipal Lomror, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Michael Bracewell, Wayne Parnell, Karn Sharma, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj
- May 14, 2023 15:01Toss - RCB wins toss, to bat first
Faf du Plessis won the toss, elected to bat first.
- May 14, 2023 14:45The KGF factor!
- Runs scored by Virat Kohli + Glenn Maxwell + Faf du Plessis this season for RCB - 1326 runs
- Other batters for RCB this season - 531 runs
- May 14, 2023 14:39Pitch under covers!
- May 14, 2023 14:18RR vs RCB Impact Sub options:
- RR: Devdutt Padikkal, Murugan Ashwin, KC Cariappa, Riyan Parag, KM Asif.
- RCB: Anuj Rawat, V. Vyshak, Siddarth Kaul, Manoj Bhandage, Shahbaz Ahmed.
- May 14, 2023 14:11Relentless RCB amid rising temperature!
- May 14, 2023 14:07RR vs RCB Dream11 Fantasy Playing XI Tips
- Wicketkeeper: Jos Buttler (c), Sanju Samson
- Batters: Virat Kohli, Faf du Plessis (vc), Yashasvi Jaiswal
- All-rounders: Ravichandran Ashwin, Glenn Maxwell, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Trent Boult, Mohammed Siraj
Team Composition: RCB 5:6 RR
- May 14, 2023 14:06Royal Challengers Bangalore Predicted XI
- RCB Predicted XI (batting first): Faf du Plessis (c), Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Mahipal Lomror, Anuj Rawat, Shahbaz Ahmed, Wanindu Hasaranga, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Wayne Parnell.
- RCB Predicted XI (bowling first): Faf du Plessis (c), Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Mahipal Lomror, Shahbaz Ahmed, Wanindu Hasaranga, V. Vyshak, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Wayne Parnell.
- May 14, 2023 14:01Rajasthan Royals Preditced XI
- RR Predicted XI (Batting first): Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (c) (wk), Joe Root, Devdutt Padikkal, Dhruv Jurel, Shimron Hetmyer, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sandeep Sharma.
- RR Predicted XI (Bowling first): Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (c) (wk), Dhruv Jurel, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sandeep Sharma, KM Asif.
- May 14, 2023 13:49Weather updates, straight from the venue!
- May 14, 2023 13:44Rajasthan faces Bangalore in ‘royal’ battle as playoffs race intensifies
Rajasthan Royals (RR) hosts Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur on Sunday with the winner potentially beating the losing side to a spot in the playoffs.
A defeat could prove fatal for Sanju Samson’s men, who would then finish below the predicted 16-point cut-off. Wading through another middling campaign, RCB’s hopes will also hit a wall if it errs against RR on an afternoon where temperatures may hit mid-40 degrees Celsius.
Buoyed by the nine-wicket win over Kolkata Knight Riders after Yashasvi Jaiswal’s glittering unbeaten 98 and Yuzvendra Chahal’s four-wicket haul, RR will be keen to finish their home stretch with two points after three defeats in four previous matches.
- Lalith Kalidas
Read the full preview here - CLICK
- May 14, 2023 13:33Matchday Info!
- Location: Jaipur
- Stadium: Sawai Mansingh Stadium
- Date: May 14
- Toss Time: 14:30 IST
Latest on Sportstar
- Spectator dies from fall during River Plate match
- Ten Hag’s United ‘broken’ after FA Cup final loss to Manchester City
- Stokes downplays fitness concerns, set to bowl in Ashes
- Lionel Messi bids farewell to Paris amid boos
- Jabeur overcomes slow start to reach French Open fourth round