The Rising Pune Supergiant suffered a major blow on Tuesday, hours before its Indian Premier League (IPL) match against Delhi Daredevils. As it took on a mighty Delhi Daredevils, the side was led by Ajinkya Rahane, after a stomach bug forced Steven Smith miss the game.
The side also missed the services of Manoj Tiwary, who lost his father Shyam Shankar Tiwary (65) in the morning. The batsman headed back home in Kolkata soon after hearing the news. Tiwary's father was suffering from cancer for a while. This edition of the IPL has seen a similar incident last week, when Delhi Daredevils’young batsman Rishabh Pant was bereaved. He came back to the side after performing last rites of his father, and even cracked a half-century against Royal Challengers Bangalore on Saturday.
With Tiwary missing out, Maharashtra player Rahul Tripathi made his IPL debut.
- WTC 2023-25 Points Table Update: India extends lead at 2nd place after IND vs ENG 4th Test
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND beats ENG by five wickets, takes 3-1 unassailable lead
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Prithvi Shaw falls for 87 vs Baroda
- PKL 10: Patna Pirates defender Krishan Dhull gears up for playoff challenge against Dabang Delhi
- Nike to release Australia women’s goalkeeper jersey after backlash