England spinner Jack Leach will miss the remainder of the Test series against India with a left knee injury, the England Cricket Board (ECB) announced on Sunday via a statement.
Leach had suffered the injury during the first Test in Hyderabad following which he sat out the second Test in Vishakapatnam.
The ECB statement said the spinner will travel home from Abu Dhabi, where the team is currently stationed ahead of the third Test in Rajkot starting on February 15.
The statement also said that the team will not be calling up any replacement for the left-armer.
The 32-year-old Leach has taken 126 wickets in 36 Tests and was England’s most senior spinner coming into the India tour.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea