This is not the first time that Indore-born all rounder Jalaj Saxena has proved a point. Despite consistent performances in the domestic circuit over the past few years, Saxena, 32, is yet to be handed the India cap. On numerous occasions, he has expressed disappointment for not being picked for the national side despite shattering one record after another.
Friday was one such day for Saxena at the JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi. The only uncapped player to score 6,000+ runs and claim 300 wickets in first-class cricket, Saxena additionally registered the best ever figures in the history of Deodhar Trophy: 9.5-0-41-7.
Earlier this year, IPL franchise Delhi Capitals bought Saxena at his base price of Rs 20 lakh. But, even there, he did not get a game.
ALSO READ| Jalaj Saxena — Kerala’s prolific performer
At present, Saxena is 91 List A games old with 1,847 runs. His right arm off-break has fetched him 105 wickets.
Riding on Saxena's showing after centuries from skipper Shubman Gill and Mayank Agarwal, India C beat India A by a mammoth 232 runs, to send the latter out of the Deodhar Trophy.
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND 186/5, 6 runs to win; Gill, Jurel in control of run chase
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Prithvi Shaw falls for 87 vs Baroda
- PKL 10: Patna Pirates defender Krishan Dhull gears up for playoff challenge against Dabang Delhi
- Nike to release Australia women’s goalkeeper jersey after backlash
- NBA roundup: Pacers snap Mavs’ 7-game win streak