American pop star Katy Perry will perform at Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in the ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020 final.
The match will be played on March 8, which is celebrated as International Women’s Day.
The Firework singer will entertain the crowd during the pre—game show as well as the post—match celebration.
“I’m all about celebrating equality and the achievements of women, which naturally happens on a global scale on International Women’s Day. It’s no coincidence that I said yes to performing live at the women’s final on this day”, said Perry.
Perry said that she will be performing on her most empowering tracks for women cricketers and fans.
“I hope to bring a unifying, electric performance playing some of my most empowering songs for the best female cricketers on the planet and some of my greatest fans, as we all unite to support gender equality and empower people to achieve everything that they desire.”, said the 35-year-old songwriter.
In the opening match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup on February 21, defending champion Australia will take on India at the Sydney Showground Stadium.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis