Bangladesh wicketkeeper-batter Litton Das has been ruled out of the 2023 Asia Cup the International Cricket Council (ICC) said in a statement on Wednesday.
Das was unable to recover from a viral fever which had prevented him for travelling to Sri Lanka for Bangladesh’s opening match of the multi-team tournament.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board has announced 30-year-old wicketkeeper-batter Anamul Haque Bijoy as his replacement. Bijoy has played 44 One Day Internationals (ODI) for his country accumulating over 1200 runs.
The Chairman of the National Selection Panel, Minhajul Abedin said: “He (Anamul) has been in the runs in domestic cricket and we have continued to monitor him in the Bangladesh Tigers programme. He was always in our consideration.”
“Due to Litton’s unavailability, we needed a top-order batter who could keep wicket and Anamul got the nod.”
Updated Bangladesh squad:
- AUS vs BAN head-to-head record in ODIs: Australia vs Bangladesh overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match
- Australia vs Bangladesh Dream 11 prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: AUS vs BAN predicted XI, fantasy team, squads
- Video: Lionel Messi’s 8th Ballon D’Or trophy celebrated by Inter Miami in exhibition match
- FIFA World Cup 2026: Eritrea withdraws from qualifying days before first game against Morocco
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: AUS v BAN Preview, predicted XI; Toss at 10am IST