MI New York stand-in captain Nicholas Pooran slammed a belligerent 40-ball hundred in the Major League Cricket (MLC) 2023 final against the Seattle Orcas at the Grand Prairie Stadium in Dallas on Sunday.
Chasing a 184-run target for the inaugural MLC title, Pooran walked in at number three in the first over after opener Steven Taylor fell for a three-ball duck.
Pooran immediately took on the bowlers to slam a 16-ball half-century and continued the momentum by launching towering maximums. Pooran became the second batter to score a hundred in the tournament
Pooran finished unbeaten on 137 off 55 deliveries with 13 sixes and 10 fours.
The 27-year-old took over the leadership duties for the side in the tournament after an injury to Kieron Pollard.
The former Windies captain has amassed over 5300 runs in his 277-match T20 career with one ton and 29 half-centuries.
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 316/6 (48); Buttler falls for 27; Moeen, Woakes at crease
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: Marsh, Smith put AUS in control vs BAN
- ENG vs PAK: Haris Rauf breaks record of most runs conceded in single World Cup edition
- Sri Lanka will appeal ICC suspension, says sports minister
- How Tendulkar and Yuvraj's guidance helped Shubman Gill in Australia