Seattle Orcas will open its Major League Cricket (MLC) 2023 campaign against Washington Freedom on Saturday.
The team will be captained by South Africa pacer Wayne Parnell. The squad has a host of domestic all-rounders and some international stars such as Sikandar Raza and Mitchell Marsh.
The batting unit will revolve around opener Quinton de Kock and Shimron Hetmyer, who can give the innings the perfect finishing flourish. However, there aren’t too many options in the pace bowling department, which will be a cause for concern for Orcas.
This could leave all-rounders Marsh and Raza with stretched workloads as the team will rely heavily on their skills with both bat and ball.
SEATTLE ORCAS BEST PLAYING XI
SEATTLE ORCAS SQUAD
- NZ vs SL head-to-head record in ODIs: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match
- Meg Lanning announces international retirement, to continue playing league cricket
- Asian Archery C’Ships: India’s compound mixed, women’s team win gold
- Australia coach Arnold calls up uncapped Yengi for FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers
- Last Word: A serious sport with a funny name