Pakistan pacer Mohammad Hasnain on Saturday became the youngest player to take a T20 hat-trick.
Hasnain, 19 years and 183 days old, dismissed Sri Lanka Bhanuka Rajapaksa (32), Dasun Shanaka (17) and Shehan Jayasuriya (2) is successive deliveries to achieve the rare feat in the first T20I at Lahore.
Hasnain conceded heavily in his first two overs, but he came back strongly in his third as he dismissed Rajapaksha.
He sent the batsman back to the pavilion on the final ball of the 16th over and then took two more wickets on the first two balls of the 19th over to finish with figures of 3-37.
Danushka Gunathilaka’s knock of 57 runs helped Sri Lanka post a score of 165/5 in the 20 overs after being asked to bat first.
However, Pakistan lost the match by 64 runs after Sri Lankan pacers Isuru Udana (3-11) and Nuwan Pradeep (3-21) capped off a brilliant bowling performance for the visitor.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: “Job far from done” - Musheer Khan after his maiden First-Class century against Baroda
- Andhra’s Sasikanth mentions ‘little things’ which helped him take four-for against MP in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Akash reaches for the sky, turns heads on his Test debut
- WPL 2024 Opening Ceremony live updates: Tiger Shroff represents RCB, Shah Rukh Khan’s performance soon
- Manchester United’s Hojlund to miss Fulham Premier League clash due to injury