International cricket has witnessed several devastating batters dominate the game around their six-hitting abilities.
Indian skipper Rohit Sharma went past West Indies powerhouse Chris Gayle to lead the charts across formats in international cricket with a staggering haul of 554 sixes.
Rohit has 297 sixes in ODIs, 77 in Tests and 182 in T20Is to sit at the a total of 556 sixes at the time of writing.
Rohit became the fastest to the 550-sixes mark, surpassing Gayle (548) to reach the feat in just 471 innings across formats.
Here is a look at the leading six-hitters in international cricket across formats.
Most international sixes across formats
- Rohit Sharma (India) - 556 sixes*
- Chris Gayle (West Indies) - 553 sixes
- Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) - 476 sixes
- Brendon McCullum (New Zealand) - 398 sixes
- Martin Guptill (New Zealand) - 383 sixes
- MS Dhoni (India) - 359 sixes
- Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka) - 352 sixes
- Eoin Morgan (England) - 346 sixes
- AB de Villiers (South Africa) - 328 sixes
- Jos Buttler - 312 sixes*
* - denotes players active in 2023
- Top 10 moments from Asian Games 2023 - Part 1
- Most sixes in international cricket: Rohit Sharma hits 556 sixes, goes past Gayle’s record
- ICC World Cup 2023: Kohli breaks Sachin’s record of most 50-plus scores in successful ODI run-chases
- IND vs AFG, World Cup 2023: Rohit Sharma blitzkrieg sets up India’s win over Afghanistan
- Virat Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record for most runs in ODI and T20 World Cups