Following the non-inclusion of India A seamer Tushar Deshpande in the Mumbai team for the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy tournament, the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) constituted an ad hoc senior selection committee comprising Milind Rege (Chairman), Guru Gupte and Shridhar Mandale.
The ad hoc committee was constituted after the MCA President Vijay Patil had a meeting with the previous five-member selection committee that included Sanjay Patil and Pradeep Kasliwal.
A statement from the MCA Secretary Sanjay Naik said that the ad hoc committee will remain in place until a proper senior selection committee is constituted after the Annual General Meeting.
The ad hoc committee met here on Wednesday and added three more players — Deshpande, Sujit Nayak and Atif Attarwala — to the 15 member team announced last Monday.
Mumbai plays Mizoram in its first Group `D’ league match at the Wankhede Stadium on Friday.
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- WI vs ENG: Sam Curran sets unwanted record for most runs conceded by England bowler in ODI history
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings