Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin took a six-wicket haul in the second innings of his Surrey debut in the four-day county fixture against Somerset at the Oval on Wednesday.
Taking the new ball yet again, Ashwin removed Steven Davies, Tom Lammonby, James Hildreth, George Bartlett and Roelof van der Merwe and Ben Green to claim figures of 6 for 27 in 15 overs and help bundle Somerset out for a mere 69 runs in 29.1 overs, in its second innings on Day 4.
That left Surrey needing 259 runs for a win, on the final day of the fixture.
In the first innings, Ashwin had returned with figures of 1 for 96 in 42 overs.
Surrey conceded a 189-run lead after being bowled out for 240 runs in its first innings. Ashwin was dismissed for a first-ball duck by Jack Leach.
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs