The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 will be played in Australia between October 16 and November 13. 16 teams will feature in the tournament which will be played in a group stage and knockout format.
The T20 World Cup has seen some of the greatest batters in action over the course of its seven previous editions - the last of which was played in the UAE and Oman in 2021. Mahela Jayawardena leads the batting charts in T20 World Cup history which also includes several star batters such as Chris Gayle, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli in the top 10.
Pakistan skipper Babar Azam was the leading run-scorer in the 2021 edition with 303 runs in six innings. Australia’s David Warner - seventh on the all-time list - had finished second behind Babar with 289 runs in seven innings.
India’s Virat Kohli is the only batter to hit 10 half-centuries in the format. He is the second-leading run-scorer for India in T20 World Cups behind skipper Rohit Sharma. Sri Lanka’s Jayawardena is the only batter to cross 1000 runs in the marquee event over the past seven editions.
Ahead of the 2022 T20 World Cup, here’s a look at the top run-scorers in the tournament’s history since 2007:
- World Cup 2023: Pakistan vs New Zealand warm-up match to be played behind closed doors
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan beats Odisha FC 4-0, begins campaign in style
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan SG AFC Cup HIGHLIGHTS: OFC 0-4 MBSG, Dimitri scores brace as Mariners demolish Juggernauts
- Why was Ravichandran Ashwin picked in ODI team despite not playing the format since Jan 2022
- Asian Games 2023, September 20: Indians in Action, schedule, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST